Guardian Angels

Posted by Scarlet Pumpernickel | 1:01 AM | , , , | 12 comments »

Guardian Angels? Do you have one? I do and I even know his name. It isn't easy to learn the name of your guardian angel, because some won't just come right out and tell you. They make it a quest, something you have to do in order to discover their names. But don't worry if you don't know a name, you don't have to! You can just address yours as "my guardian angel", works just as well as knowing his name or hers.

It's a long story how I learned about my angel, but if you're willing to listen, I'll tell you. It was a long time ago. Anyone remember GEnie? I was on there one night late, lurking in a workshop where the psychic was giving readings. As usual, by the time I found the workshop, the que was full, so I didn't get a reading. But I stayed to read the messages anyway.

When she finished with all those in the que, she said "I have three messages left." There were only two people left in the room besides me, so I hung out a little longer to see what she would tell them. After giving them their messages, she said, "I still have one message."

Now, I was very timid so I didn't respond. She stayed in the room and repeated, "one message is left for someone."

Finally I typed, "Is it for me?"

I had no idea that it was, but she responded. "I was wondering when you'd speak up." She gave me a message from my grandmother and one from my brother, both messages were very personal and touching. Then she asked, "who is the man standing behind you?"

Let me tell you, I whirled around quick as a wink! But there was no one there. She went on to describe him as elderly with white hair and a handle bar mustache. I told her I didn't know any such person. She said he had been with me since before my birth and would always be with me. He was my guardian angel.

Now, after I got over the shock that someone might be standing behind me, I calmed down enough to ask her his name.

She said she'd ask, then came back with "He said he's not going to tell you, but you'll recognize him when you see him."

I thanked her for her messages, logged out of the room and forgot all about my angel.

Then one day about a year later I was doing geneology research with a cousin and we visited an elderly cousin who had a ton of family pictures. She was flipping through her album and suddenly I saw him! I knew instantly it was him. White hair, handle bar mustache, kindly-looking elderly gent.

When I asked her who he was she replied, why that's my granddaddy, and he'd be your great-great granddaddy! He died way before you were born. She told me his name and like I'd been told, I instantly knew that was my guardian angel's name.

He's never far from my side and always helps me when I ask him. He's really good at finding things I've lost. Which happens more and more the older I get! Been keeping him busy lately! What about you? Do you know your guardian angel's name? Or your guide, same difference. Native Americans call them guides, but it's all the same thing really.

12 comments

  1. Mary Marvella // December 22, 2009 at 2:13 AM  

    Scarlet's guardian angel was helping me find a lost garage door opener in my car! He laughed his old butt off, hiding it behind the passenger seat. It started on the passenger visor. Quite a leap. Hmmm. I searched every bag in the passenger front seat. I have one for each student I tutor and one of "stuff I might need."

  2. Mary Marvella // December 22, 2009 at 2:14 AM  

    Oh, thanks, George and Scarlet, for letting me borrow him.

  3. Scarlet Pumpernickel // December 22, 2009 at 2:16 AM  

    GT says you're welcome and he's going to tell you GA to get busy and make its presence known to you!

  4. Judith Keim // December 22, 2009 at 8:28 AM  

    Fascinating, Scarlet! I've had a couple of experiences but I don't have a name or a person I can point to. Hmmm...wonder how to introduce myself...

  5. MAGolla // December 22, 2009 at 9:25 AM  

    Lovely story, Scarlet. I'd love to know if I have a guardian angel.

  6. Pamela Varnado // December 22, 2009 at 1:28 PM  

    I have my own guardian angel looking out for me. He/she saved my life one winter night. Whenever I'm stressed or in need, not only do I call on the Lord, but I ask my angel for peace.

  7. Scarlet Pumpernickel // December 22, 2009 at 2:09 PM  

    Glad everyone enjoyed the story. I've come to rely on GT! He has saved my butt many times. Pam, I understand the need for peace.

    Merry Christmas everyone!

    Scarlet

  8. Nightingale // December 22, 2009 at 4:17 PM  

    I found this story fascinating. I believe in spirit guides and guardian angels. I call on mine to help find lost things too. I have an emerald ring (my engagement ring). I had lost it and asked to find it. I put on a shirt I rarely wore and it fell out of the pocket.

  9. Author Roast and Toast // December 22, 2009 at 5:48 PM  

    If I have one I have never seen or had any inkling of it's existence. I wish they'd show me. Or show up.
    I do believe in spirits I had a couple of times that they have showed their presence.

  10. Scarlet Pumpernickel // December 22, 2009 at 8:40 PM  

    Mary, your guardian angel will do little things for you if you ask. Like finding things you've misplaced. My favorite is to ask for a parking spot close to the store! I usually ask as we're going into the lot and always there will be a spot or someone will back out just as I approach. Try it, you'll see!

  11. Mona Risk // December 22, 2009 at 10:01 PM  

    Nice story Scarlet but for some reason, I don't pay attention to guardian angels. But I always pray St. Anthony when I lose something. He alawys answers my prayer and I always find what I lost if I prayed him.

  12. Beth Trissel // December 22, 2009 at 10:07 PM  

    Fascinating post, Scarlet. Thanks so much for sharing this.