WITCHYS WIKKED GRAPHIX



Today December 4th is the day that Catherine's novel Binding Vows is released in digital format.
Catherine got so excited she jumped on the coffee table and well, do I have to say it
Catherine kept dancing, but she needs a new coffee table.
What's that Catherine, you want me to dance with you. Well I'm not very good at it.
Catherine grabs Mary's hand and pulls her up onto the new heavy duty, coffee table.
Hey, this is kinda fun. See you all later. Oh, read what Catherine wrote earlier! Dance, buggy woogy, I'm gonna break my neck Catherine...


WITCHYS WIKKED GRAPHIX


This is my first stop on my virtual tour for Binding Vows, so thanks Fuzzy Slipper Ladies for having me.

First, a little bit about Binding Vows and how it ties into a short story about me.

Tara McAllister is a lovely, virginal twenty five year old woman who knows exactly what she wants in her life. She also knows exactly what she doesn’t want. After watching her older sister struggle with an unexpected teenage pregnancy, Tara vows to hold on to her virginity until the right man comes along. She isn’t willing to give away her one-time gift to just anyone.

How does this tie into my life? I had a friend in high school that ended up with an unplanned pregnancy and my older sister had a quick marriage after the rabbit died. The difference with Tara McAllister’s history and mine is the response of her parents. Tara’s parents were less than supportive, where in both the above cases, I saw loving, helpful parents who were there for their children.

I am the mother of sons and not daughters. But if I had a daughter I’d be quick to remind them that loosing their virginity can only happen once. I’d say this: “Make sure your feelings for your partner are solid and backed up with time, because this first time will be remembered for the rest of your life.”

Tara lives her life like this. She isn’t willing to give away her gift, isn’t willing to fall into a man’s bed for only one night no matter how sexy he might be, or how much his Scottish accent reaches out a licks her skin.

Excerpt:

“Did you bring me out here to seduce me?” Now why

had she asked that? She regretted the question

almost immediately.

When Duncan’s answer didn’t come quickly she

glanced up again. He was measuring her question

and deciding on an answer.

“I believe ’twas part of my intent.”

“Well, I have to give you points for honesty.”

Tara busied her hands to cover up her nerves. Hands

shaking, she attempted to cut off some of the cheese.

Duncan placed a hand over hers and removed

the dagger from her fingers. He sliced the cheese

and handed her a bite.

Tara felt a spark when their fingers touched.

“I have made you uncomfortable. I am sorry.”

His voice was as polished as his moves.

“It’s okay. I really do applaud your honesty. It’s

refreshing in this day and age. So many people lie to

get what they want.”

“Truth is important to you?” Duncan looked

away.

“Yes. I’ll be honest with you.” Tara took a longsuffering

breath and slowly explained what she

needed to say. “Having sex with someone I barely

know isn’t on my list of things to do today.” The air

thickened while she awaited his reply. Her shoulders

tensed.

With a straight face he asked, “What about

tomorrow?”

The second book in the MacCoinnich trilogy is under contract and edits. Myra MacCoinnich’s story will hopefully come to you in 2010.

Thanks again for having me, Fuzzy Ladies.


Thanks for the great blog Catherine. Keep dancing!

Enjoy the good things.



WITCHYS WIKKED GRAPHIX



Play by FoxSaver®
Play by FoxSaver®

39 comments

  1. Mary Ricksen // December 4, 2009 at 10:35 AM  

    I hope you sell a lot of books Catherine, and I hope you had good news at the doctors?
    I really love the cover of this book, it makes me think of knights on which horses and princes who take you away to their castles.
    Good stuff Catherine!

  2. Mona Risk // December 4, 2009 at 10:37 AM  

    Catherine, that excerpt promises a hot and sexy story and what a cover.

    I hope you come back with good news. Keeping you in my thoughts.

  3. Lilly Gayle // December 4, 2009 at 11:14 AM  

    Catherine, loved your excert and Duncan's reply at the end! Wow!
    This sounds like my kind of book!

  4. Mary Marvella // December 4, 2009 at 11:16 AM  

    Catherine! I'm hooked. Love the premise. Thanks for sharing your time with us.

  5. Catherine Bybee // December 4, 2009 at 11:20 AM  

    Mary~~ Thanks for having me. And your dancing is wonderful!!! My Knight in Shining Armor is doing okay. Thanks for the well wishes!

  6. Catherine Bybee // December 4, 2009 at 11:22 AM  

    Mona ~~ This excerpt is exclusive to PFS. I have a reading on BBB and the official excerpt is entirely different.

    I'll keep ya posted with the news.

  7. Catherine Bybee // December 4, 2009 at 11:23 AM  

    Lilly ~~ Duncan's wit reaches out a slaps you sometimes. Glad you enjoyed it.

  8. Catherine Bybee // December 4, 2009 at 11:23 AM  

    Mary M. ~~ Thanks for stopping by.

  9. Pamela Varnado // December 4, 2009 at 11:29 AM  

    Catherine, I love the premise of your story. It's very intriquing and promises to be an emotional read. Your excerpt made me want to read more. Kudos!

  10. Catherine Bybee // December 4, 2009 at 11:35 AM  

    Pamela ~~ I hope you have a chance to pick it up and let me know if the rest of it delivers for you. Thanks for stopping by.

  11. Barbara Monajem // December 4, 2009 at 12:26 PM  

    Catherine, your hero sounds both sexy and sweet! That's an adorable combination.

  12. Patrice // December 4, 2009 at 12:47 PM  

    Nice to see you here, Catherine!
    Great excerpt, and I also love the cover.
    Good luck and happy release day!

  13. Catherine Bybee // December 4, 2009 at 12:49 PM  

    Barbara ~ Duncan is a wonderful guy. *sigh...

  14. Catherine Bybee // December 4, 2009 at 12:49 PM  

    Patrice ~ I hope you enjoy the book along with the cover. LOL Thanks for stopping by.

  15. Mary Ricksen // December 4, 2009 at 1:04 PM  

    Catherine, I miss those great videos you do on your blog. When things settle down you will have to do some more for us?!

  16. Catherine Bybee // December 4, 2009 at 1:16 PM  

    Vlogs... did you say video blogs?
    Check this out: http://bittenbybooks.com/?p=13504

  17. Shawna Thomas // December 4, 2009 at 3:25 PM  

    Great excerpt, Catherine and I love the story behind the story. I can't wait to read it!

    You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

  18. Catherine Bybee // December 4, 2009 at 3:58 PM  

    Thanks Lynne!

  19. Emma Lai // December 4, 2009 at 4:10 PM  

    Congrats on the release, Catherine! I like how you used personal experience to create your heroine. Great excerpt.

  20. Nightingale // December 4, 2009 at 4:11 PM  

    Beautiful cover. I loved the excerpt and the title is great.

  21. Alicia Dean // December 4, 2009 at 5:08 PM  

    Happy release day, Catherine. Congratulations! Loved the excerpt, very intriguing, very witty. And, the cover and graphics are beautiful.

    Very best of luck!

  22. Mary Ricksen // December 4, 2009 at 5:46 PM  

    Catherine I wish you the very best of luck with sales, and even more with everything else!

  23. Margaret Tanner // December 4, 2009 at 6:55 PM  

    Hi Catherine,
    Great excerpt, sounds like a good read, I love Scottish men, they are such hunks. Beautiful cover by the way. Mega sales I hope.

  24. Scarlet Pumpernickel // December 4, 2009 at 8:14 PM  

    Lovely cover, but is it contemporary? I was expecting an Historical! Now you've got my curiosity up! Enjoyed the excerpt!

    Scarlet

  25. Scarlet Pumpernickel // December 4, 2009 at 8:28 PM  

    OH, oh! I went to BBB and found out it's a time travel! Best of both genre! Yes, this is definitely going in my to be read stack!

  26. Catherine Bybee // December 4, 2009 at 10:29 PM  

    Emma ~ I tend to do that a lot with my writing. My heroine in my next release is an ER nurse. LOL... if you want to see a day in the life... read that one.

    Nightingale ~ Glad you liked it! The title came before the book with this one.

  27. Catherine Bybee // December 4, 2009 at 10:31 PM  

    Alicia: Thanks for stopping by.

    Mary: It's been a very busy week.

    Margaret: Rae Monet does a wonderful job with covers. I've asked for her to do the second book in this trilogy as well.

  28. Catherine Bybee // December 4, 2009 at 10:33 PM  

    Scarlet: Yep, time travel. Tara and Duncan start here in the 21st century and travel back to the
    16th. I'm looking forward to my editors notes so I can get Myra's story out to all of you. Oh... so many stories, so little time. LOL

  29. Mary Marvella // December 4, 2009 at 10:41 PM  

    You're always welcome here, Catherine. Mama Mary

  30. Stacey Joy Netzel // December 4, 2009 at 10:55 PM  

    Great excerpt, Catherine! Congratulations on the release and best of luck for many sales!

  31. Catherine Bybee // December 4, 2009 at 11:04 PM  

    Thanks Mary... I love being here.

    Stacey... lots and lots of sales. lol

  32. Kaye Manro // December 5, 2009 at 1:17 AM  

    I like this excerpt too. Good luck on your tour, Catherine.

  33. Autumn Jordon // December 5, 2009 at 9:19 AM  

    Catherine, Great excerpt. I love a strong virgin story. Wishing you MEGA sales.

    AJ

    ps: sorry I was late for the party.Hope we see you again.

  34. Judith Keim // December 5, 2009 at 9:46 AM  

    Catherine, it's great to have you here on the Fuzzies! I love the sound of your book and your writing. Good luck with it!!

  35. Beth Trissel // December 5, 2009 at 10:46 AM  

    We love you, Catherine, one of the nicest authors/women I know. And highly talented. Wonderful post.

  36. Catherine Bybee // December 5, 2009 at 1:16 PM  

    Kaye: Thanks for stopping by.

    Autum: A good virgin story is where romance all started, isn't it? Back in the day... they all were. LOL

  37. Catherine Bybee // December 5, 2009 at 1:17 PM  

    Judy: Thanks again for having me.

    Beth: Now I'm blushing... Thanks for all your support.

  38. Eliza March // December 5, 2009 at 5:48 PM  

    Catherine, I have to agree, this is a wonderful time travel and Duncan is a great hero. Loved the book! Read it it in one day!
    Eliza M

  39. Catherine Bybee // December 5, 2009 at 9:09 PM  

    *clapping... I'm so glad you enjoyed Duncan and Tara, Eliza.