Good rainy Sunday morning from Georgia. I've read some super books recently. Each rates 10 Fuzzy Slippers out of 10.

In the Paranormal area I recently read Eternal Moon by Rebecca York and Seize the Night and Bad Moon Rising by Sherrilyn Kenyon. Both writers will pull you into their series books in a big way.

The Dark Hunter series took me to a world ofsupernatural and eternal creatures. If you start one of Sherrilyn's books, beprepared to give your imagination free reign and meet the monsters from your nightmares. Also be prepared to find good in demons and were creatures you could adore. She weaves a sassy, irreverent voice with alpha heroes and kickass heroines you gotta love. Gods and goddesses play with lives of humans. You won't read The Three Bears or Little Red Riding Hood the same way ever again. You'll wonder if Teddy Bear grows fangs when you sleep.
Each of her books will be your new favorite! God bless St Martin's press for this series.


Eternal Moon
is part of a group of books about a family of werewolves. Yep, Rebecca makes me willing to believe in men who are wolves and the women who love them.
It this series characters move between worlds that feel too real. Is there a portal to another world or dimension in your own neighborhood? Could be.

Back from tutoring.


A Bad Day for Sorry
by Sophie Littlefield was an absolute hoot. (That's southern for laugh-out-loud funny) It was also suspenseful. Can a book be both? Oh, yes. You'll love Stella Hardesty's idea of justice for men who mistreat their wives. You'll also wish you had done some of the things this "older" woman does to the bad guys. Check it out and make some money for St Martin's press and for Sophie.

Pemberley by the Sea by Abigail Reynolds totally touched my heart. If you love the sea or women dedicated to a cause and to being themselves, you'll root for Cassie. If you've ever wanted to smack a stubborn male for being dense, you'll love Calder but you'll still want to bop him on the head. Yes, it's a love story but I'm not giving away the ending. Just know the conflict is pretty high. Think Pride and Prejudice, only better.

Okay, whatcha reading that you love? Each of these was my fav while i was reading it.

13 comments

  1. Beth Trissel // December 13, 2009 at 1:33 PM  

    Thanks for sharing, MM. Always on the look out for some good reads. :)

  2. Mary Ricksen // December 13, 2009 at 3:18 PM  

    I just finished a book I won by TWRP author, Patsy Parker, called Riley's Journey. I have to say I couldn't put it down, I had to know what happened to them, and the little surprise at the end made me appreciate how her story fit in to real history. Very, very, good book in my mind.
    That's what I just finished. I have a pile to go. So now I will randomly pick another.

  3. Mary Ricksen // December 13, 2009 at 3:23 PM  

    Sorry the author uses P.L. Parker as her pen name for Riley's Journey.

    I have to be honest, our own authors write some darn good books!!

  4. Scarlet Pumpernickel // December 13, 2009 at 6:01 PM  

    Mary, I think I have all those books in my tbr pile! Wow! What I been waiting for? I'm gonna go get one right now and start reading, you made me do it, you really did! Oh yes and I just started the one I won from Alicia and it is really good! So I guess I'll finish it first. I can read two at a time, if I don't mix up the characters. Snicker.....

  5. Nightingale // December 13, 2009 at 6:52 PM  

    It was a gray morning in Houston, misty rain and fog yesterday -- good day for reading but I was working on polishing a manuscript. I just read Sebastian by Anne Thomas and loved it. Our own PFS writers have some pretty amazing books out there. I haven't picked up another book as yet. I might sneak some reading in during the week of Christmas or on my birthday!!

  6. Mary Marvella // December 13, 2009 at 7:14 PM  

    I love to share. Thanks for your comments, Beth.

  7. Mary Marvella // December 13, 2009 at 7:15 PM  

    Mary R, i know what you mean about TWRP authors. There a some excellent ones. (We can name a few, can't we.)

  8. Mary Marvella // December 13, 2009 at 7:34 PM  

    Scarlet, I'm glad I gave the right push to grab those books from your TBR pile.

  9. Mary Marvella // December 13, 2009 at 7:37 PM  

    Linda, thanks for visiting. I love to read and I know you are a discriminating reader. I really loved to see how far paranormals are going now. They remind me of a combination of fantasy and paranormal. The lines are blurring.

  10. Scarlet Pumpernickel // December 13, 2009 at 10:04 PM  

    Indeed the lines are blurring! The paranormals and fantasies are coming together to create some of the most interesting variation of reading pleasure that I've enjoyed in a long time. The realism of the worlds created makes me want to look behind every tree to see what is lurking there. Makes me wonder just what it was that made all those papers suddenly flutter to the floor. Wow! Heart of the Witch has started off with a bang and is very good! Alicia Dean has caught my interest and held it. Can't wait to finish the book. What are y'all reading?

  11. Barbara Monajem // December 13, 2009 at 10:49 PM  

    Glad you're enjoying Heart of the Witch, Scarlet. I loved it!

    I just finished reading Devil May Ride, the second in the Ghost Dusters mysteries by Wendy Roberts. I love her books. Both of them made me cry! The third one, Dead and Kicking, is on my TBR pile.

  12. Josie // December 14, 2009 at 3:35 PM  

    Reading anything and everything right now, Mary, so I can't pinpoint a favorite. I always have an audio book playing, also.
    Tonight I hope to begin a Phillipa Gregory book, and I have Dean Koontz on CD.

  13. Judith Keim // December 14, 2009 at 6:30 PM  

    Thanks for the suggestions. My TBR pile is so high that I sometimes forget about other good books and I always want to hear about a new one!!