As some of you, possibly the entire country, are aware, last weekend saw the biggest snowstorm to strike the East in many years.  We haven't seen that much snow in the Shenandoah Valley since the 1990's.

The heaviest snow fell on Saturday, my younger sister's wedding day.  Major yikes!  Multiple phone calls to everyone and their brother and we had no solutions except to wait it out.  Yes, my farmer hubby has a snow blower he attached to his mighty tractor, but it could only do so much with the white stuff coming down at an inch per hour.  No snow plows even attempted our country back roads until later that evening after the blizzard slowed.

Then joy!  Sunday the snow fizzled out and the sun shone brightly on all that glistening white.  The wedding was on for anyone who could make it to the church in town.  Mostly those of us with four wheel drive.
The church is a beautiful old remodeled plantation home.















Handicapped parking was nonexistent.















Front yard of the church.


















Lovely scenic setting.  Very romantic.




















Hubby, Dennis, and me. Attire for blizzard weddings is informal, although note the necklace I added to my turtleneck.


















My sister, Catherine, and darling nieces.  This is her second marriage.  Some of you may remember that they lived on the farm with my husband and me for a year and a half. :)


















The happy couple.  Catherine and Andy.  He's a true hero and one of the kindest men I've ever met. My husband is another.  'God bless us everyone!'

11 comments

  1. Scarlet Pumpernickel // December 23, 2009 at 12:08 PM  

    Beth! Lovely pictures, what a wonderful white wedding! How truly blessed you and your sister are. Wonderful story and of course, we here at the Fuzzies had been following the progress all weekend. Wonderful happy ever after ending. Congrats to the lovely couple. Thanks for sharing, we had been waiting to see the pictures.

  2. Beth Trissel // December 23, 2009 at 12:16 PM  

    Thanks Scarlet. I'm so glad you enjoyed the pics and post. :)

  3. Judith Keim // December 23, 2009 at 1:29 PM  

    How sweet, Beth! It will be a wedding to remember! Sometimes those weddings that are the hardest to pull off are the ones that have the strength to last and last. Thanks for sharing a great story and good pictures

  4. Mary Marvella // December 23, 2009 at 1:52 PM  

    Loved the pictures! Your farmer is a cutie! You looked lovely and the necklace was just the right touch!

    I adore a love story and I think your marriage must be one. Hope the newly weds will be good to each other.

    MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!

  5. Beth Trissel // December 23, 2009 at 2:17 PM  

    Thanks so much, guys. :)

  6. Mona Risk // December 23, 2009 at 3:55 PM  

    Gorgeous pictures Beth. Love your picture with your hero. Best wishes to the happy couple.

  7. Pamela Varnado // December 23, 2009 at 5:20 PM  

    I'm sad. I want it to snow in Georgia. I grew up in New Jersey so I'm used to the white stuff. Not having snow is one of the disadvantages to living in the south. Tell the lovely couple I said congratulations.

  8. Mary Ricksen // December 23, 2009 at 5:59 PM  

    I really enjoyed the wedding pictures Beth. Pristine snow is incredible.
    I'm so glad you shared.
    You and your husband look perfect together.

  9. Nightingale // December 24, 2009 at 8:49 AM  

    Wow, I've never seen that much snow. It is beautiful though. Great photo of you in your formal necklace. The couple does look happy. Best wishes to them.

  10. Barbara Monajem // December 24, 2009 at 3:25 PM  

    Beautiful, Beth! Thanks very much for posting the pictures.

  11. Autumn Jordon // December 25, 2009 at 8:53 AM  

    Beautiful family, Beth. Congrats again to the happy couple.