Make your own exfoliating enzyme mask to make skin soft and exfoliate dead cells. This tip comes from the lead aesthetician at a five star resort spa. Perfect for your night time beauty ritual.

Mix 2 tablespoons organic honey and 3 tablespoons plain yogurt. Apply to the face. Leave on for 15 minutes. Remove with cool water to close pores. Apply your favorite moisturizer and your ready for bed!


For hyper-pigmentation

Puree organic cherries and apply to the face as a mask to even the skin tone. The fruit acid acts as an exfoliate and as a natural skin brightener to repair the hyper-pigmentation cause by sun damage.


Another trick is to apply your moisturizer to a very damp face.


5 comments

  1. Mary Marvella // January 5, 2009 at 12:21 AM  

    Excellent advice. Thanks, Scarlet!

  2. Scarlet Pumpernickel // January 5, 2009 at 12:31 AM  

    Your welcome! I hope everyone enjoys their "spa" quality facials! Daughter is a professional and very graciously shared her expertise!
    If anyone has questions they can post them and I'll ask her.

    Scarlet

  3. Edie Ramer // January 5, 2009 at 9:01 AM  

    Cherries are my favorite fruit. I'd have a hard time not eating them.

    Great tips. And love the new header! It's cleaner than the other one.

  4. Nightingale // January 5, 2009 at 10:48 AM  

    I'll have to try these. I use Mary's products for the most part (which I can recommend) but this sounds like "something different" and SPA is so inviting a word.

  5. Mary Ricksen // January 5, 2009 at 2:07 PM  

    I love facials? Are there any on the market you should avoid? You know there's all these skin sanders and buffing kits that cost a fortune. Are they worth it? I wonder.