1/2/09 my first book, 'Tripping Through Time', is scheduled to be released today, in digital format, by The Wild Rose Press, it is scheduled for print release on 3/27/09. My story is a time travel romance novel about a young girl who travels back one hundred years to the year, 1869, when she finds a Celtic ring in Lake Champlain, Vt. It couldn't have happened at a better time.
It's the story of her journey from fear to fulfillment, and as she makes her journey, she learns that love is truly timeless.

Here is a new excerpt:

Keealyn wake up, you’re fine, it’s just a

nightmare.” It took some time for her to realize

where she was and shiver off the visions.

Then it hit her.

“Alyssa! How is Alyssa?’ she turned to the

soundly sleeping child. Alyssa was cool to the touch,

and resting normally.

Ryan placed his finger over his lips, and took

Keealyn’s hand. He led her from the room, and

closed the door behind them.

“Let’s sit by the fire.” He added another log and

poked at the fire to catch the new wood. “What were

you dreaming about?” He settled his arm around her

as they sat on the rug close to the fireplace. The

flicker of the fire cast a warm glow on them. Keealyn

hesitated, and then she began to tell him about the

nightmares.

He listened intently, not quite understanding

how her father could feel the need for that kind of

discipline. Deprecating treatment only stole your

child’s self worth.

“Let go of those dreams, Keealyn, that’s all over

now. Your father is a different kind of man than I

am. Maybe it’s because of my parents. They never

ruled with an iron hand, but rather with a firm

voice. It worked for me. I do understand how the

treatment you got from the main man in your

childhood could make you fear all men. I’m asking

you to let it go. Realize once and for all what a good

and worthwhile person you are. Life is too short to

live over and over the hurts of your youth.” Then he

kissed her.

9 comments

  1. Mary Marvella // January 2, 2009 at 8:58 AM  

    WOW, Mary! MORE! I know you're on cloud 100, dancing and singing.

  2. Anonymous // January 2, 2009 at 10:57 AM  

    CONGRATS Mary!!! I am thrilled for you. Good luck!

  3. Edie Ramer // January 2, 2009 at 11:44 AM  

    What an awesome day! A great way to start off a new year. I wish you many sales.

  4. Nightingale // January 2, 2009 at 5:18 PM  

    Woo Hoo, Mary. What an exciting Jan. 2 for you. Can't wait to read the book. Your descriptions hook you right into the scene.

  5. Mary Ricksen // January 2, 2009 at 6:27 PM  

    Thanks everyone, I am excited, and nervous...I hope, and I am still dreaming!
    I wish everyone good luck and I am looking forward to the next year being better for me and all of you.
    I published a book! Wow, WOW!

  6. Scarlet Pumpernickel // January 2, 2009 at 11:24 PM  

    Mary, how exciting! I can't wait to read it. Congratulations on your success.

    Scarlet

  7. Pamela Varnado // January 3, 2009 at 3:21 PM  

    Congratulations, Mary. I'll be sure to purchase your book off the site.

  8. Mary Ricksen // January 3, 2009 at 3:40 PM  

    thank you all!

  9. Beth Trissel // January 4, 2009 at 8:38 PM  

    High Five and Mega congrats Mary! I am so excited for you and this sounds like a super story. I love time travels. Woo hooo!