Good Morning. After coming off a nasty cold, that lasted my entire 2 week Christmas vacation, I thought it might me nice to share how I managed to cope with being sick.

Here is a recipe for Puerto Rican Style egg nog...it is called Coquito. It is delicious! Some people add some vanilla or nutmeg, but I have tasted this recipe and it is fabulous. Enjoy!!

Coquito

2 - 3 cinnamon sticks
2 c. water
12 oz. evaporated milk
14 oz. condensed milk
4 egg yolks
15 oz. cream of coconut
5 c. white rum (Adjust to taste, I'm a lightweight and only used 2 cups)

Directions

Start by boiling the cinnamon sticks in the 2 cups of water.

When the water turns yellow and has the smell and you can taste the cinnamon, take the sticks out.

Now add the evaporated milk, condensed milk and egg yolks and cook at a very low temperature. Make sure to stir while it is cooking to avoid it sticking to your pan.

After it has boiled for a few minutes, stir in the cream of coconut and then the rum. Stir it very well and take off the stove.

Let it cool, chill and enjoy it.

I drank the whole pitcher myself, a nice cup every night before going to bed and I'm telling you
it's the best I've ever slept when I've had a cold. Now I have to make another pitcher now that
I'm feeling better and see what that does...who knows, this might just become my new nightly ritual.

Try it yourself.

Happy New Year.

deb

6 comments

  1. Anonymous // January 8, 2009 at 1:58 PM  

    YUMMMMM

    I'm assuming all the cooking removes any calories, right? LOL LOL

    you drink this cold?

  2. December // January 8, 2009 at 2:12 PM  

    This KIND of sounds like a Tom and Jerry!

  3. Scarlet Pumpernickel // January 8, 2009 at 5:23 PM  

    Ohhhhhhh! I really want to try this. Sounds great!

    Scarlet

  4. Mary Ricksen // January 8, 2009 at 6:48 PM  

    And how much rum would ye be puttin' inte tha concoction ye hiv come up wi'?
    Every night? I'd look like the side of a barn. However, guests would love it!!! Very unique!

  5. Mary Marvella // January 8, 2009 at 7:16 PM  

    After drinking that you wouldn't care how many calories! Sounds liike a winner!

  6. Beth Trissel // January 9, 2009 at 9:04 AM  

    Looks wonderful Deb! I never made my own eggnog. We have our own milk, of course, being on a dairy farm. Wonder if I could incorporate that into this recipe?