During the fun at this year’s Romantic Times Convention in Pittsburgh, I had the great pleasure to meet Mr. Romance contestant Ryan Christopher Gardner and his lovely girlfriend Pamela Carr. One sees a lot written about soul mates, but I’ve never met a couple that are so obviously meant to be together. They are like two halves of a whole, so it seems fitting that we interview them together.

How did you hear about the Mr. Romance contest?

Ryan: Pamela, during Christmas break, said she was going to enter me in a contest. I figured it was for a plasma screen TV at Best Buy. Then she went into detail of the Mr. Romance Contest approaching and I was very interested.

What were the high points of the Romantic Times Convention for you both?

Ryan: We both enjoyed meeting Adrian Paul, Fabio, the cover models, and everyone there. We especially had fun with the other contestants. We all became friends instantly.


Pam: I agree with Ryan, and I loved the behind the scenes stuff, and I don't know if Ryan enjoyed his interview with the independent movie but my interview was the highlight for me!

What other modeling jobs have you done, Ryan?

Ryan: None. This was my first, EVER, time modeling.

How did you two meet?

Ryan: Pamela was my boss, I was just a guy who worked in the stock room. I, Ryan, noticed her first. Then, she took a notice of me. She could not believe I liked her due to the fact we have a bit of an age difference.

What is the most romantic moment you two have shared?

Both: Our first kiss, in the Mustang, while snow was falling outside. The perfect romance.

Pam, what is the most romantic thing Ryan has ever done for you?

Pam: Ryan has written many poems for me. So anytime he does that it’s so romantic! One of his poems was read during the Mr. Romance Contest "What is Romance?"
And just plum wanting to be with me all the time is romantic!

Ryan, what is the most romantic thing Pam has done for you?

Ryan: Everything and anything she does is romantic. Honestly, one particular time I distinctly remember is her taking me to the beach for my birthday, without her I would not have been happy, she made it so joyful.

Pam, what’s it like having a hunk for a boyfriend? I know having met him that Ryan is a perfect gentleman but have you had any moments when other women have gone too far?

Pam: It’s a whole lot of fun let me tell ya. And luckily we haven't had anyone try to jump Ryan. We've had some girls trying to engage Ryan in naughty chat on the Internet but he never gave in, cause he finds talk like that distasteful. Ryan isn't like other guys and what you saw at the convention is Ryan, it wasn't an act.

Ryan, you certainly have what we romance writers call a body to die for! Is it tough staying in such great shape? What sort of exercise regime do you have?

Ryan: Thank you very much! Honestly, 90% of the whole staying in shape and keeping "the look" is diet. The other 10% is weight lifting, cardiovascular exercise, and supplements (proteins, vitamins, etc.) The essential rule is if your insides are fine, your outside is fine. I will share some of my little secrets: I drink 1 -2 gallons of water a day for hydration and proper cellular processes, one whole grapefruit a day to detoxify the body, a shot of vinegar after a meal for skin care, and of course, egg whites for lean muscle mass.

Pam, I know you’ve done some writing yourself. Will you tell us a little about it?

Well go to www. fanfiction. net and look me up. Mrs. Sanada, or my most famous story, Zero Patience and tell me what you think?
I will warn you my stores are quite explicit ;)

Ryan, will you be in Orlando next year competing for the title of Mr. Romance again?

Ryan: Not sure yet, if anything, we both would like to visit for fun.

Questions just for fun:

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you choose and why?

Ryan: Sicily, Italy. There's no place like home.

Pam: Well, I would want to live in Hawaii! Why? Umm it’s Hawaii really need I say more lol.

What’s your favorite film?

Pam: Transformers! It was great!

Ryan: Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, childhood favorite!

(A question for the paranormal romance enthusiasts.) If you were a shape shifter, which animal would you like to become, and why?

Pam: a Unicorn they are so mystical!

What’s your favorite gemstone?

Pam: Amethyst

Ryan: Emeralds

Thank you Ryan and Pam!

Hopefully they'll be popping in later to answer any questions or comments.

13 comments

  1. Helen Scott Taylor // June 6, 2008 at 9:22 AM  

    Ryan and Pam, great to have you visit on the blog today. You are both so romantic. It's lovely to hear that Ryan writes poems for you, Pam.

    Hope you'll make it to Orlando next year. It will be great to meet you again.

  2. Beth Trissel // June 6, 2008 at 11:30 AM  

    Fascinating! Great! Wonderful interview! Loved it.

  3. Nancy // June 6, 2008 at 1:57 PM  

    Ryan and Pam, great interview! It's lovely to cyber-meet you, and I'll hope to see you in Orlando in 2009.

    Light,
    Nancy Haddock
    La Vida Vampire

  4. Mary Marvella // June 6, 2008 at 3:40 PM  

    Loved getting to know Ryan and Pam, the people behind the gorgeous faces.

    I'm wondering if you have favorite romance novels.

  5. Donnell Ann Bell // June 6, 2008 at 11:13 PM  

    Sorry I'm late! Hello Ryan and Pamela, what a great story. You two should be part of a romance novel for real. Thanks for being with the Pink Fuzzy Slipper writers and best of luck two both of you!

  6. Ryan Christopher Gardner // June 6, 2008 at 11:25 PM  

    hey everyone thanks for checking us out! This summer I am VERY interested in reading Emily Bryan's Pleasuring the Pirate! We have a few things going on right now but next year we will try to make it in Orlando! Xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

  7. Beth Trissel // June 7, 2008 at 10:18 AM  

    Wow, as moderator of the Pink Fuzzies I can tell you that our stats went through the roof yesterday! Come back anytime, Ryan and Pam!

  8. Nightingale // June 7, 2008 at 11:29 AM  

    Excellent interview. Thanks to our interviewees. Both of whom are very beautiful (handsome for Ryan) and seem deeper than the outside appearances. I tremendously enjoyed reading this interview. Best of luck to Ryan and Pam in the future.

  9. Toni V.S. // June 7, 2008 at 11:43 AM  

    Sorry I'm getting in on this so late. Ryan can be a model for my books anytime! He'd make a great Sinbad--or Riven!

  10. Josie // June 7, 2008 at 7:44 PM  

    Ryan and Pam,
    Thanks for an interesting interview. Pam---loved your story---Zero Patience. (I checked it out.)

    And thanks to our very own Helen for arranging at all.

  11. Ryan Christopher Gardner // June 7, 2008 at 9:33 PM  

    Anybody want to add us on myspace?
    http://www.myspace.com/ryanchristophergardner

    We'd love to keep in contact with you all!

  12. Beth Trissel // June 8, 2008 at 9:27 AM  

    OK, who wants to be friends with these lovely folks? Hands up all around! Count me in. :)

  13. Anonymous // June 8, 2008 at 9:38 PM  

    Ryan and Pam, thanks for being with us.