The lessons we learn...

Posted by debjulienne | 5:50 PM | , , , , | 7 comments »





Nobody ever said life was going to be fair...boy ain't that the truth!

I've never wanted riches, just to be happy.

Happiness these days changes from day-to-day.

Last week, happiness was as simple as having a job I love, working with the best bunch of people I've ever had the pleasure to meet, love of family: happy, healthy, and safe, food on the table and a roof above us.

Today it's something else...simply trying to breath.

They say what doesn't kill you makes you stronger...well then...today I should have the strength of Hercules, the wisdom of the Goddess Athena, and the patience of Job.

Oh, I'll survive it, I'll come out on top, and I'll go on. Why? Because I said so...gads...shades of my mother just slipped out of my mouth. ;-) But in this case it's true. Is it easy? No way.

A friend said, "Realize it's out of your hands."

No greater words have been spoken and it's true, thank you my friend for your wisdom and strength.

In the meantime, I go on...one breath at a time, one step at a time, one day at a time.

Having a tough day...this too shall pass.

May we all find our own happiness, treasure it while we can, and appreciate it for as long as we have it.

Find your inner strength and don't be afraid to use it.

Deb

7 comments

  1. Beth Trissel // August 6, 2014 at 6:07 PM  

    Very moving, Deb. And wise. ((Hugs))
    And prayers.

  2. Mary Ricksen // August 6, 2014 at 11:12 PM  

    Know you are not alone. I am hugging you too! I wish there was something to say to make it easier. But, they say there is a lesson to be learned even in the harshest of times. Hold onto those who love and care about you, that's all that matters in the end. Saying I've been there doesn't cut it, cause no one is like someone else. Know you are special, because you are who you are.

  3. Mary Marvella // August 7, 2014 at 8:59 PM  

    Deb, I thought I left a comment! Hon, we need to share real feelings, and you did. It makes you human!

  4. debjulienne // August 8, 2014 at 12:28 PM  

    Thanks Beth, you've always been there for me, I appreciate it!

  5. debjulienne // August 8, 2014 at 12:28 PM  

    MaryR, Thank you I know I can always count on the Fuzzies

  6. debjulienne // August 8, 2014 at 12:29 PM  

    Momma M, Bless you!

  7. Josie Riviera // August 14, 2014 at 11:10 PM  

    Absolutely beautiful and so inspirational, Deb.