This summer whizzed by faster than I could ever imagine. It seems that I haven’t accomplished anything. Yet I entertained many guests.
IMG_3588












Young guests like my precious grandchildren, adorable kids way too active and noisy, had me collapse on my bed by nine o’clock, delighted and exhausted after a day at the beach and the pool.


David surfing 2
















Older guests wanted to hit the stores and take advantage of special sales. With them I discovered interesting places and new bargains. Believe me, shopping with a nineteen-year-old teenager was a tiring but lovely experience. She reminded me of my daughter. Memories of  the long hours spent in fitting rooms with my daughter when she prepared for college brought smiles and tears to my eyes.


So that was my summer: two weeks with one set of grandchildren, two weeks with my cousin and family, two weeks with the other set of grandchildren, and two weeks helping my daughter moved back.

Side effect: I am very nicely tanned.
But I didn’t write a single line.

However I participated in two multi-authors boxes.

WEDDINGS ON MAIN STREET





TEN BRIDES FOR TEN HEROES



So how was your summer?


From chemistry in the lab to chemistry between people. 
Mona Risk left a scientific career to share with readers the many stories brewing in her head. Her books won Best Romance Novel of the Year at Preditors & Editors; Best Contemporary Romances at Readers Favorite; EPPICON Award Finalists; and many stellar reviews, and are Amazon Bestsellers. She received the 2013 OUTSTANDING ACHIEVER Award at Affaire de Coeur Magazine for her "Wonderfully written books about true love." ~ Happyly Ever After Reviews






3 comments

  1. Mary Marvella // August 21, 2014 at 12:09 AM  

    Mona the pictures look wonderful! You are rich with grand kids!

  2. Barbara Monajem // August 21, 2014 at 7:59 PM  

    Wow, sounds like you had a lovely summer, and taking time off writing is a good thing. Congrats on the box sets!

  3. Josie Riviera // August 24, 2014 at 9:32 AM  

    Mona, It sounds like you had the best kind of summer--enjoying your beautiful family. Hopefully you are recharged for a new, successful writing year.