Retirement is tiring. I've been on the run since the day I left teaching. First was a trip to Key West to the Mystery Writers Conference. Heather Graham was on several panels.


Mary Marvella rode shotgun on that trip.


We had a ball. We ate great seafood!


We signed our books.

http://amazon.com/author/mjflournoy
 A Matter of Trust
http://amzn.com/B00FDWOL3C A bit of self-promotion here, if you haven't read A Matter of Trust, please download, read and review. It's lonely over on Amazon.


We went on a bar crawl!



Then back home and to Atlanta for a GRW meeting and a girl's night out before the meeting.

Well, this was still Key West, but you get the idea!

In July we were on the road again, well actually in the air. We flew to San Antonio for RWA National.



Then I had to go back to school shopping for my granddaughter who is starting her first year in high school.



We have many more plans. Weekly critique meetings, a monthly writer's retreat and another road trip in September. Whew, I'm tired. I might have to go back to work to get some rest.

8 comments

  1. Mary Marvella // August 10, 2014 at 10:00 PM  

    You can say that again, Scarlet! But it's fun work!

  2. Barbara Monajem // August 10, 2014 at 11:05 PM  

    I'm glad you're having such a fun, busy retirement, Scarlet. :)

  3. Mary Ricksen // August 11, 2014 at 1:32 PM  

    Gosh I wish I'd known you were going. Linda an I went two years ago. I bet I coulda dragged her there somehow. Have fun girlfriend, that's what life is for.
    And retirement must be fun or why else work so long and hard!!

  4. Mary Ricksen // August 11, 2014 at 1:34 PM  

    Linda and I went to New Orleans, sorry it was someone else I went to the Mystery writers one. BTW you drove right past me, I woulda made you guys lunch or something!

  5. Scarlet Pumpernickel // August 11, 2014 at 3:41 PM  

    Mary R,
    Mary and I are coming down in September to the ACRA conference. Is that close to you, or are you further down?

  6. Scarlet Pumpernickel // August 11, 2014 at 3:42 PM  

    Barbara, it is fun, but work also. I'm trying to get in the habit of writing fulltime, but I tend to go off on tangents.

  7. debjulienne // August 11, 2014 at 7:17 PM  

    I want to go to conference with you girls...too much fun!

  8. Josie Riviera // August 14, 2014 at 10:59 PM  

    I'm smiling as I read your blog, Scarlet. My husband and I are also "retired." Hah! We are working like crazy, but sounds like you're having a blast. Good for you!