Stray cats? I don't think so...

Posted by debjulienne | 5:36 PM | 8 comments »



Yesterday, a friend sent me a text that included this adorable picture of her new tabby kitten. Friends are always posting the stray pets they've recently acquired.

And there's me...my kids idea of a stray pet as you can see from the pictures below run along the lines of a tad different scale.

My kids love all kinds of animals. We've had chicken, ducks, quail, turkeys, rabbits, goats, sheep.



Now it's time to introduce you to our latest addition.

Meet "Root Beer". "Root Beer Pulled Pork" to be precise, a wild boar.




By far, the most awesome was Buck the Barbados Sheep.




My favorite, however, was the fainting goats: Stinky, June, Jenny, and the twins Tinkerbell as seen with my granddaughter and Tiger Lily as seen with my grandson.




And that's not including the deer, bobcats, and bears that like to wander across our property. We've had a few harrowing incidents in the past, that's for sure.

I love living in the forest, the peace and quiet, the trees, the animals...I guess that's why these strays don't seem to bother me, well all except for the turkey...never again...talk about messy!

That said...what's the coolest stray you've ever run across? I'd love to hear about it.

Have a great day.

Deb

8 comments

  1. Barbara Monajem // August 27, 2014 at 9:00 PM  

    We had a snake in our house once... We think it came to eat the mice.

    Now we have a huntress cat who makes sure we have no mice.

  2. debjulienne // August 28, 2014 at 10:28 AM  

    Barbara, I draw the line at snakes...my one son loves them, I can't even be around them...they freak me out.

  3. Beth Trissel // August 28, 2014 at 11:53 AM  

    What a fun post, Deb. Great work you are doing. I have taken on ducklings and goslings, but mostly stick to kitties and dogs.

  4. debjulienne // August 28, 2014 at 4:16 PM  

    Beth, what's funny is these are animals I never gave a thought to before...but I really do love the goats...the funniest little personalities I've ever seen!

  5. Mary Ricksen // August 28, 2014 at 7:29 PM  

    I wished to live on a farm for most of my life. Wanted a horse soooo bad. Great post!

  6. debjulienne // August 31, 2014 at 2:10 PM  

    A horse is next on my bucket list for us...maybe 2.

  7. Josie Riviera // August 31, 2014 at 7:04 PM  

    You got me at your root beer boar and the fainting goats. Fun post, Deb.

  8. debjulienne // September 2, 2014 at 3:34 PM  

    Thanks Josie...they are a lot of fun!