Well, ladies, the world didn’t come to an end.


The chosen were not taken to Heaven. Or maybe no one I know was one of the “chosen”. I’m glad, ‘cause I have books to write, books to finish, and books to publish! I also need to get my driver’s license renewed.


Besides I want to see what will happen on Dancing with the Stars and American Idol. Which teenager will become the next American Idol? Who’d have thought the last two standing would sing country music? Will viewers vote for the dancer the judges scored the lowest on Dancing with the Stars? Those stars worked hard for what they wanted!


The kid I'm tutoring to take the SAT again plans to take it in June and raise his score higher than any other student I tutored. I'd really like to see that and brag about it for a while. He wants the record of perfect scores in each area, and I want that for him, or at least almost perfect scores.


Different topic.


Saturday a multi-published author asked for my autograph! I’m not kidding. I started my promotion for my first published novella by handing out post cards with the book cover on one side and a blurb on the other. Diana Love was presenting the program with Barbara Vey. Both ladies are well-known in the world of romance writers. You should see more about them later this week. HINT.


Dianna stopped me and asked me to sign the card. Folks, I haven’t practiced signing my pen name. I didn’t even have a sharpie to sign the cover. Now begins the promoting thing. Some of you have been at it for a while and others have been preparing for a while. I felt like a star!


Tell us about the things you still have on your "to accomplish list".


Or tell us about the first time someone asked for your autograph.


Or tell us whatever you want to tell us.



FOREVER LOVE

A short excerpt.

The kid was smart and all boy. “Dr. Joe, will Nurse Sabrina be at the hospital when I have my operation?“

“Nurse Sabrina works at the hospital and I’ll let her know you’ll be there.” Joe grinned. “I’m sure she’ll want to look after you.”

“She makes me feel better when I break stuff.” He held up the tiny arm to show off his orange cast. “Or when I get sick and go to the ‘mergency.” He handed Joe a green marker.

Joe took the marker and signed the cast. “She makes me feel better, too.”

By the time the last patient left the clinic Joe felt drained. He removed the blue lab coat he wore when treating adults and tossed it aside. He sat at his desk and sipped cold, stale coffee.


He leaned back in his worn chair, rested his eyes and thought about the lovely Sabrina. He’d finally found the courage to ask her out, but she’d said no. He could tell she liked him. The attraction was still there with a vengeance after all those years.


Every night since he’d returned home he had dreamed about her. He had dreamed of doing things to her that were probably still illegal in most states. His dream Sabrina had lounged on his bed, covered by a rainbow of silk scarves that hid without really hiding in their sheerness.


FYI, here are the places you can purchase FOREVER LOVE.

|http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0050VITYS

http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/57300

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Forever-Love/Mary-Marvella/e/2940012597311/?itm=7&USRI=forever+love

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mary-Marvella-Author/121044561311561 PLEASE LIKE ME

16 comments

  1. Tamara LeBlanc // May 24, 2011 at 9:05 AM  

    Momma hen,
    I wanted to cry when I saw your gorgeous book cover on the page. I'm so thrilled, so happy, so extatic for you.
    You are the best momma hen ever, and I love you dearly!
    Best wishes on this wonderful story. I hope you sell a million copies:)
    Kisses and hugs to you!
    Tamara AKA Baby Chic

  2. Barbara Monajem // May 24, 2011 at 10:18 AM  

    What a great idea of Dianna's! I wish I'd thought of it. I have my copy of the book. :) I'll have you sign the card next time we meet. Better practice that signature, MM!

  3. Autumn Jordon // May 24, 2011 at 11:08 AM  

    Books to write... Ah, yes. Is there enough time. Not sure.

    I was a little shocked the first time someone asked me for my autograph. I'm like, ME! Then someone whispered in my ear "You are a star. You've done what others only say they're going to do."

    I might not be the Kathryn Hepburn or Lady Gaga of the writing world, yet, but I could be considered the soap star. (Sorry, I don't know names)

    Great excerpt!

  4. Judith Keim // May 24, 2011 at 12:08 PM  

    What a coup! Love that Dianna asked for your autograph and that you've decided to go ahead and do your self-publishing thing. Good luck! Get the automatic signature thing for the internet so I can have your autograph too!!

  5. Mary Marvella // May 24, 2011 at 12:30 PM  

    Tamara, you just put a lump in my throat. You are a wonderful Baby Chick! Mama loves her baby chick.

  6. Mary Marvella // May 24, 2011 at 12:30 PM  

    Tamara, you just put a lump in my throat. You are a wonderful Baby Chick! Mama loves her baby chick.

  7. Mary Marvella // May 24, 2011 at 12:33 PM  

    Thanks, Barbara. I'll be glad to sign your card! I hope you like the story. Dianna is a dear. I have seen authors at signings at RWA National who gave out promo cards before their books came out and even signed them, but...

  8. Mary Marvella // May 24, 2011 at 12:35 PM  

    You made the point, Autumn, AKA Star Author! Made you feel good, didn't it?

  9. Mary Marvella // May 24, 2011 at 12:38 PM  

    I need to research that one! Maybe I can use my daughter's computer and retouching pad thingie and do that. Maybe I can remember how to change my sig line for emails, too! Thanks, Judy!

  10. Anonymous // May 24, 2011 at 2:20 PM  

    I'm so excited for you, I'm doing the happy dance right now. Practice your signature. Your books are so wonderful, I'm sure you're get lots of requests to autograph your stories.

    Pamela Varnado

  11. Mary Marvella // May 24, 2011 at 7:12 PM  

    Hey, Pam, I love the way you dance!

  12. Scarlet Pumpernickel // May 24, 2011 at 7:26 PM  

    I get a really good feeling whenever I see MM's cover on a blog or on FB! She has worked so hard and her stories are so good, it's only fair that the rest of the world get a chance to read what we've known all along were wonderful stories! Way to go MM! Scarlet is very proud for you!

  13. Autumn Jordon // May 24, 2011 at 9:05 PM  

    Hey, I heard it was someone's birthday. Happy Birthday MM. (((HUGS)))

  14. Mary Marvella // May 24, 2011 at 11:01 PM  

    Thanks, Scarlet for being my fan and friend!

  15. Josie // May 25, 2011 at 9:19 AM  

    Mary,
    Dianna is a wonderful person and her successes are a great tribute to her talent and many kindnesses.
    And, sincere congrats to you, too!

    P.S. Is a belated Happy Birthday in order?

  16. Mary Marvella // May 25, 2011 at 1:19 PM  

    Joanne, a belated happy birthday is always in order. Thanks!