Mothers and daughters. Random thoughts.
The first two photos are of my daughter and my mama. (Yes, I still call her Mama and will forever.)

Since this is for Mother's day, I must say that my daughter is my biggest accomplishment and a true blessing. She has always worked hard and makes me proud every day.





The young woman with the flower in her hair is 17 and soon to become a mama for the first time. Yep, she was already expecting me. She and Daddy married at 17. Such children they were, but he was already in the army during a world war.

Mama cared for her three kids for as long we needed her, some of us needed more from her and more often than others of us did. She cared for Daddy long after she should have let us get her help. She made sure he could keep his dignity while Parkinsons and Alzheimers tried to rob him of it. I couldn't have asked for a better mama!

Who is the other very young woman below? That innocent girl is your own Mama Mary at 17. She was one fortunate person, and now she writes naughty love scenes.


HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY


Forever Love
Nurse Sabrina Boyd’s life was fine before Dr. Joe Walker, her cousin’s widower, returned home to South Georgia. Avoiding the man who wants a romantic relationship with her isn’t her biggest problem. She has seen Demon Cat, harbinger of death for the Boyd family.Now she’s obsessed with finding and saving the person the cat wants, and she’s immersed in old journals about ill-fated lovers.


23 comments

  1. Scarlet Pumpernickel // May 7, 2011 at 11:13 PM  

    Three beautiful generations of strong women. You look like your momma and your daughter looks like you! So your momma's beauty leaves on.

  2. Mary Marvella // May 7, 2011 at 11:21 PM  

    Thanks, Scarlet! I think my daughter looks a bit like her granny.

  3. Josie // May 8, 2011 at 8:51 AM  

    Mary,
    The women in your family (including you) are all gorgeous! I wish you much success in the publication of your book.

  4. Mary Marvella // May 8, 2011 at 3:53 PM  

    Thanks, Joanne! You are sweet. You still look like a kid!

  5. Judith Keim // May 8, 2011 at 4:27 PM  

    Love to see the family pictures. Good strong women....So happy about your book! Good luck with it!

  6. Beth Trissel // May 8, 2011 at 4:39 PM  

    I very much enjoyed this post, Mary. Super pics even if one is sideways. All three beautiful women. Your tribute is great, and your new story most tantalizing.

  7. Patrice Wilton // May 8, 2011 at 5:11 PM  

    My gosh - what lovely ladies! Very nice post, your love for your beautiful daughter and Momma shine through. You are so pretty, Mary. thanks for sharing.

  8. Mona Risk // May 8, 2011 at 5:32 PM  

    Mama Mary, your Mama, your daughter and yourself are three beauties. Lovely pictures.

  9. Mary Marvella // May 8, 2011 at 5:50 PM  

    Thanks, ladies! I do love that woman! Some days my heart aches with missing her. Others I hear her telling me to get busy and be the best I can be.

    Lord, I know she's driving those folks in heaven crazy with making things grow. She was the person I would be.

  10. Mary Marvella // May 8, 2011 at 5:51 PM  

    Thanks, Judy.

  11. Mary Marvella // May 8, 2011 at 5:57 PM  

    Thanks, Beth, I live to tantalize! Yep, I am soooo challanged!

  12. Mary Marvella // May 8, 2011 at 5:59 PM  

    Thanks, Patrice! I could have written more more I didn't want to flood my keyboard.

  13. Beth Trissel // May 8, 2011 at 6:43 PM  

    She sounds like a wonderful woman, MM.

  14. Mary Marvella // May 8, 2011 at 6:57 PM  

    Thank you, Mona! You rock!

  15. Mary Marvella // May 8, 2011 at 7:00 PM  

    She really was a good person, Beth. After she passed away, people told me stories so sweet, they made me tear up. sniff.

  16. Autumn Jordon // May 8, 2011 at 7:32 PM  

    I really enjoyed the post. What beautiful women, just lovely. Happy Mother's Day to you and all the Fuzzies.

  17. Nightingale // May 8, 2011 at 9:08 PM  

    Mary, lovely post. I wish you many sales with your novella. It's good stuff!

  18. Mary Marvella // May 8, 2011 at 10:37 PM  

    Many thanks, Autumn! Loved doing the post.

  19. Mary Marvella // May 8, 2011 at 10:38 PM  

    Hey, Linda! Hope today was good for you. Many sales would be good.

  20. Tamara LeBlanc // May 9, 2011 at 11:56 AM  

    Mary,
    What a lovely post. And what three lovely ladies you shared pics of too:)
    I think your new blurb is fantastic!!! And after I'm done here I'll take a look at the link you provided.
    I'm so proud of you for taking the initiative on your book, and your cover is to die for!!
    Luv you momma hen,
    Tamara

  21. Mary Marvella // May 9, 2011 at 2:02 PM  

    Thanks, Tamara! Love you, too, Baby Chick!

  22. Mary Ricksen // May 10, 2011 at 3:44 PM  

    You are all beautiful, all three of you. And the love in your family is so obvious it's wonderful!!
    You raised a beautiful talented daughter and so did your mother! Happy Mother's Day my friend. And many, many, more!

  23. Mary Marvella // May 11, 2011 at 2:34 PM  

    Thank you, Mary R. Your comments warm my heart.