In the novella I’m currently giving birth to, my challenge is to make a demon sympathetic enough for the heroine and the reader to fall in love with him. In fact, she must choose him over her guardian angel. Salseph isn’t your normal, run-of-the-mill demon. He was created by the fallen angel Paimon, General of Hell, to look like an angel with beautiful black-and-white wings.

Which makes him an outcast in Hell.

I found it difficult—and the going was slow—showing the character arc as Seph’s motives change from murder and revenge to love and the yearning to be accepted for what he is. But now it is finished and I have submitted it to the Scarlet Rose line at The Wild Rose Press.


I found it surprisingly easy to write Celestial Sin, an erotic novella published by The Wild Rose Press. The character arcs built themselves—Essie and Cam-ael came to life immediately in my mind. He is an angel of the Order of the Powers, and she is a woman disillusioned with love. Celestial Sin released May 20th.

Excerpt:

The demon emerged from the shadows, brandishing a sword. “I am Anamalech. Cam-ael of the Order of the Powers, we’ve got a score to settle. You killed my brother.”
The creature’s weapon smelled like hot metal—black iron. Cam’s stomach knotted. Unarmed, he faced the only substance that could destroy one of his kind. The monster was a viscous glob of dark blue with bulging red eyes. Rows of sharp teeth formed its lipless mouth. Its bulbous genitals swung at its ankles.


If I perish, Essie will be raped and devoured. He backed away, urging her down the trail. Guilt gnawed at him. He’d brought this horror into her world. And I shall remove it.
The celestial light hovering at his shoulder expanded, shining in the demon’s eyes. Anamalech winced but did not retreat.


“Your angel tricks won’t work, Cam-ael.”



Please visit Bianca Swan's blog at http://www.biancaswan.wordpress.com/ for the hot, hot cover of Celestial Sin and another excerpt.



9 comments

  1. Scarlet Pumpernickel // May 27, 2011 at 2:28 PM  

    I can't imagine the work that went into writing such an amazing story. Your characters are so vivid and finely drawn that they live in the readers mind. I am in awe of your talent. Can't wait for the next one to be published. Congratulations on the delivery of yet another fab story.

  2. Scarlet Pumpernickel // May 27, 2011 at 6:09 PM  

    Blogger is having problems and people are not able to post! Sorry about that everyone! Keep checking back it is bound to get better.

  3. Pamela Varnado // May 27, 2011 at 6:25 PM  

    Writers, including myself, often doubt themselves even after receiving boatloads of praise and awards. But I want you to really take to heart what I’m writing. Linda, you are so talented. It’s a natural gift that shines through in every word you put on the paper. Your sentences are so vivid and evocative that they send prickles of awareness over my senses every time I read one of your stories. And I always connect emotionally with your characters. They’re vulnerable yet strong. I can’t wait to read your next story.

  4. Nightingale // May 27, 2011 at 8:56 PM  

    Thanks Scarlet and Pam. Glad you dropped by. I had a lot of problems with Blogger this morning posting. Have a great Holiday weekend everyone.

  5. Beth Trissel // May 28, 2011 at 4:36 PM  

    Very very interesting, Linda. I've read some of this and it's extremely imaginative and well written. Certainly held my attention.

  6. Josie // May 28, 2011 at 8:51 PM  

    Linda,
    Thanks for sharing another riveting read. You are so talented!

  7. Mary Ricksen // May 29, 2011 at 1:13 PM  

    If you gotta have an angel this is the one!!!
    You are wonderful!!!

  8. Mary Marvella // May 30, 2011 at 1:15 AM  

    Great work! I have known what a great talent you have for around 20 years. Keep plugging, lady. E-publishing is a start and it is the future! Love your fallen angels.

  9. Mary Marvella // May 30, 2011 at 1:16 AM  

    Blogger had me locked out since before the weekend!