Today I was supposed to post a blog for Paty Jager's new release Murder In Petticoats.
Even though Paty sent it to me I never got it. AT&T just doesn't send me all my mail!
So, now because of my Partzeimers I forgot all about it. Yes, I have a calendar. No, I didn't look at it. Yes, I think that I have lost brain cells. Yes, I am sorry I didn't post the post I was supposed to have. But I have decided to reschedule it so that, Paty will get the most out of it.

When I go into the other room to get something. I forget what I went for. When I make plans to do something, even something good, I have to be reminded. I can be talking about something and in the middle of it, I might forget what I was talking about. Geez.
I am still looking for things I put in a safe place and never see again.
Like yesterday I found something I hadn't seen in years. And though I was pleased to find it. I wondered how I could be so forgetful.
Now I know that using my brain more will be helpful. So I guess writing is a wonderful thing for me to do to save my degenerating cerebral problem. I am forced to think. Reading helps too, especially if I occasionally read something to learn.

So here's my question to you all. And I am really looking forward to your answers.
Do you have a memory problem? How do you remember things? How do you cope with it?
Tell me, what do you do to keep your brain functioning.

Wait, what was I talking about?

7 comments

  1. Mona Risk // June 12, 2009 at 6:03 PM  

    A memory problem? Me? No way.
    I just forget things sometimes. I mean often. I mean... Why the embarrassing questions? I make lists all day long. I forget to look at them. I have things written on my computer calendar, the calendar on my desk, the kitchen calendar. Except I have to look at them!!!It's called the Can't Remember Shit Syndrome

  2. Julie Robinson // June 13, 2009 at 12:57 AM  

    Hilarious, Mary! but I'm laughing at myself as well. I write everything down. Sort of like that movie, "Memento." I could totally relate. If I put something in a safe place, it's gone. Heck, that could be on the kitchen table or in my bottomless purse. Thanks for the post. I don't feel so alone!!
    :-)
    Julie

  3. Judith Keim // June 13, 2009 at 10:11 AM  

    Hi, Mary! No, you are not alone. I started lists when my kids were young and active. It's just a matter of the lists becoming longer and longer, then trying to remember where I put them...LOL

  4. Paty Jager // June 13, 2009 at 10:12 AM  

    Mary, I think we' have all been there. I'll get up from my desk and head downstairs only to stand there and wonder what it was I left my desk for. Or run up the stairs and then forget what I ran up to get. I have a small desk calendar I write everything in. And it goes everywhere with me. That's the only way I keep things straight that are happening.

    Let me know when you want me back and I'll post something new.

  5. Mary Marvella // June 13, 2009 at 12:02 PM  

    Well, as you can see, Mary amd I managed to get Paty's post up anyway! And a good one it was, too.

    My daughter gave me a t-shirt one year. It was and is too true!

    "I finally got it all together but can't remember where I put it".

    Then there's this one.
    "Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most."

    Grocery lists do me no good if I leave them at home, which I always do!

    Now back to the subject of knitting.

  6. Barbara Monajem // June 13, 2009 at 4:22 PM  

    I try to memorize my grocery lists. I usually only make lists of things I'm likely to forget. If I can remember the number of items on the list, I can usually remember what's on it. (Up to five or six items max... then it gets fuzzy.)

    One thing I always write down, though, is when I've taken medication. Usually it's just ibuprofen for a headache or something. For some reason, I really find it hard to remember what time it was when I took it.

  7. Scarlet Pumpernickel // June 14, 2009 at 11:19 AM  

    Memory problems? Moi? Naw, not I. Wait, what were we talking about, I forgot.

    Scarlet