Baby Paul’s problem.

My name is Paul Carl Suarez. They call me Paulito. I come from a large extended family that lives in Puerto-Rico. My daddy and mommy had been married for five years and live in Washington. DC, not far from Uncle Marc, my daddy’s big brother. My mommy lost several babies and wanted me so badly, she stayed on bed rest for months.

My great-grandmother, Abuelita, is a true matriarch who rules her family and five granddaughters with an iron hand. She even manages to make my daddy do what she wants. But my Uncle Marc is another ballgame.

Abuelita wants to see him married, preferably with a nice Puerto Rican girl of her choice. The old lady has introduced him to more beauties than I can count on my little fingers and toes. Uncle Marc usually talks with the intended belle, dazzles her with his brain-muddling smiles, flirts a bit without even noticing—you see flirting comes instinctively to him. He can’t control it—same way I can’t control my pipi. It’s part of the sympathetic nervous system as I heard Uncle Marc explain to my daddy. Uncle Marc is a doctor. A bright one. But my daddy laughed and called him an incorrigible womanizer. And my uncle Marc laughed too and then sobered.

These two brothers are best friends. And my daddy knows Uncle Marc’s secret, that he loved a pretty doctor, called Holly, seven years ago, but he had to go back to San Juan because my aunt, Tia Gabriella, got into deep trouble with a boy and my own daddy was going to kill the SOB. My uncle Marc fixed all the problems but he was sad and often looked at the picture of a very pretty, very blonde girl. I bet it’s Dr. Holly. She has saved hundreds of babies at the hospital and takes good care of them. Uncle Marc went back to work in Washington, in the same hospital where Dr. Holly is finishing her medical training.

My parents often said that the day of my birth would be the happiest day in their lives. But it turned out to be the saddest day in my brand new life.

I can’t believe they are gone. They left me alone in this world. Dr. Holly saved me, but Uncle Marc couldn’t keep my mommy or daddy around. What would become of me?

Uncle Marc doesn’t know how to change a diaper or warm a bottle. If I have to rely on him, I will starve and soak the sheets. I want my mommy. I need a mommy and a daddy like all the babies… I need parents who love each other.

But Uncle Marc loves all women and Dr. Holly can’t stand any men, especially Uncle Marc.
Help. I’m scared.

BABIES IN THE BARGAIN:

Short Synopsis:
With only one year left to complete her medical training in Neonatology, Dr. Holly Collier vows not to let anyone mess up her sacrosanct schedule. Especially not the drop-dead gorgeous Dr. Marc Suarez who broke her heart seven years ago.

When a tragic accident transforms the carefree playboy into a dedicated but novice father to his nephew, Holly gives in to her maternal instincts and turns her structured life upside down for the orphaned preemie. But can she learn to trust Marc again and believe in true love?

My third book BABIES IN THE BARGAIN will be released in four days from the Wild Rose Press, on July 3rd, 2009. BABIES IN THE BARGAIN is a sweet and spicy story in the genre of Grey's Anatomy and ER.

I've already received a whole box of paperback copies and I held a book signing yesterday before the official release of my book. So why the stress? The anxiety that burns my stomach and dries my throat?



11 comments

  1. Scarlet Pumpernickel // June 29, 2009 at 1:35 AM  

    Mona, great blog. Loved the idea of using the baby's voice! Unique and interesting. Can't wait to read this one! Congrats on the release! You're smoking girl.

    Scarlet

  2. Mary Marvella // June 29, 2009 at 1:39 AM  

    Interesting approach, girl! Got my attention! keep it up.

    Mama Mary

  3. Mona Risk // June 29, 2009 at 8:38 AM  

    Thank you, Scarlet and Mary. Too many blogs going on today. I am blogging at the WAP

    http://www.writersatplay.com/wordpress

    and at my blog.
    www.monarisk.blogspot.com

    I have half a dozen scheduled.

    Now I blog while sleeping, dreams made of blogs. LOL

    I thought the baby would make it more fun.

  4. Nightingale // June 29, 2009 at 9:53 AM  

    This sounds like a very interesting read. I usually don't read medical romances but Babies in the Bargain will be an exception to that rule.

  5. Beth Trissel // June 29, 2009 at 3:29 PM  

    Super blog, Mona. I'm a big fan of medical romance. :) This sounds great.

  6. Paris // June 29, 2009 at 3:42 PM  

    Mona, What a wonderful story idea! I can't wait to read it;-) You scheduled half a dozen blogs-you little blogging goddess, you! LOL! I'd be blogging in my sleep, too!

  7. Fran Lee // June 29, 2009 at 4:55 PM  

    Thanks for another great read, Mona. You can bet I'll be right there checking it over on its release date.

  8. Mona Risk // June 29, 2009 at 5:20 PM  

    Linda, my Babies in the Bargain should make you LOVE medical romance as I have another coming in december. A story of psychiatrists with hilarious cases.
    Think Dr. McDream and Meredith.


    Beth, thank you, my friend. Sigh of relief. Thanks for loving medical romances.

  9. Mona Risk // June 29, 2009 at 5:30 PM  

    Paris and Fran, thanks for stopping by. The book cover of Babies in the Bargain has a naked-chest guy and a sexy gal. Not my idea, but the artist and publisher's. My kids laughed and said, it'll sell better!! But one of my best friends blushed and refused to buy it. The picture shocked her. Imagine.

  10. Judith Keim // June 29, 2009 at 5:31 PM  

    No need to stress, Mona! It sounds wonderful! Bet it takes off in a hurry...Congratulations!

  11. Mona Risk // June 29, 2009 at 6:36 PM  

    Judy from your mouth to God's ear. Thanks for the support.