Just a couple of hunks to start off with.






















Helen's wonderful new book jacket for Lawmen and Outlaws!













Where do you get those handsome hunks for Hump-Day Hunk that we all love so well?

Many places ;). There's a website called www.mostbeautifulman.com that is a feast of gorgeous hunks! I've also found them on other websites and blogs. Kealie over at The Menagerie (www.menagerieauthors.com) finds some great ones, and I've been know to "appropriate" one from time to time.

Just to show how good you are Helen at finding these, let's give your readers a couple of examples.


What's your favorite genre to read?

Romance, of course! In any heat level, and almost any genre. I don't usually read romantic suspense or inspirational. Not my thing. But I enjoy all other genres of romance, as well as general fiction and thrillers. I also read non-fiction from time to time.

Well you certainly know your craft. You have a wonderful muse.
How do you find time to write with the busy life you have?

I recently started a ritual of writing 1K first thing in the morning, before I'm allowed to check email or anything else. It has worked well, and plan to continue.

Well how about a personal question.
How did you meet your DH?

In law school. Boring story, huh? But we had a great chemistry even before we fell in love and were known to make out in the hallway between classes. We reverted to high school a little, LOL.

Have you always been an avid reader?

Yes, definitely.

Who are your favorite authors and why?

Wow, I have so many! Here are a few top picks:

Lisa Kleypas -- Her books are always packed with emotion.

Eloisa James -- She depicts the regency time period in an historically accurate and humorous way

Joan Johnston -- She writes some of the sexiest cowboys out there ;).

So how was school for you/
Were you a geek or popular girl?

Oh Mary, I was a total geek! I played clarinet and alto horn in the band, and my band memories are my favorite memories from high school. I was known as a brain, and though I did date quite a bit my junior and senior year of high school, I was never accepted into the popular crowd.

How was your high school prom?

Don't know -- I didn't go ;).

I didn't go to my high school prom either.
What's the best thing that ever happened to you?

I'm such a sap -- meeting my husband. Everything good in my life stems from that point.

A good relationship with your husband means so much to many of us.
What's the hardest thing you have ever done?

Five years ago, my older son, who was born with a congenital leg deformity called fibular hypoplasia, went through a hellish surgery and eight month process to lengthen his right leg. Basically, the doctor broke his leg, then put on an apparatus called a Taylor Spatial Frame. Each day, we adjusted the frame to pull the bone pieces apart one millimeter. Bone eventually calcified in the empty space, thereby lengthening his calf. It was a long, arduous, and painful process. My son is truly one of the strongest people I know. As a mother, watching him go through it was heart-wrenching.

Your poor son. To me there can't be anything worse than to have to watch your flesh and blood suffer in any way. Like all good parents your support got your son through all the bad times. We all hope that your family is healthy and happy, now and forever.

Blurb for The Outlaw's Angel, available in Lawmen and Outlaws, a Wild Rose Press Bouquet:

The last thing bounty hunter Bobby Morgan expects after a stay in a small Dakota town is to wake up in a dirty jail cell accused of a crime he didn't commit. When a preacher's beautiful daughter provides a means for escape, he takes it. On the run with his feisty hostage, Bobby swears to her he means her no harm.
Naomi Blackburn wants nothing more than to go home to her ma and pa. But her handsome outlaw captor ignites a passion in her that's both frightening and exciting. Can two decidedly different souls come together? Or will misfortunes and Bobby's own doubts keep them apart?

Excerpt;

Naomi woke to the sun rising against a pinkened sky. She stretched, and discovered new twinges in her already aching body. Where was Bobby? She smiled when she discovered he’d rolled up his shirt and placed it under her head.

But if his shirt was here...

She warmed. He’d haunted her dreams through the night. She’d awoken several times, drenched in sweat, images of their bodies entwined plaguing her, to find him still sleeping soundly. He was older than she, and more experienced. To him, she was no doubt just another woman of many. Clearly, he’d had no problem sleeping.

She sat up and brought his shirt to her nose, inhaling his now familiar aroma. Would she ever be able to get enough of it?

“Stop,” she said aloud, and tossed the shirt to the ground. She was behaving like a loose woman. She’d been raised better.

Naomi stood and brushed the now dried dirt from her dress.

And beheld a dazzling sight.

Bobby stood in the creek, his back to her, cleansing himself in the cool water. He was too far away for her to see much, and though she knew it a bad idea, her feet, seemingly disengaged from her brain, propelled her forward.

When she’d walked a few hundred feet, she plopped on her fanny and appraised his male beauty with wide eyes. His hair was wet and clung to his thick neck. His golden back rippled with muscles, from the breadth of his strong shoulders to the leanness of his narrow hips. The smooth slopes of his buttocks shone with wetness. Two perfect globes. Her heart quickened, and she lowered her eyes, only to raise them again, unable to look away. His legs were long and powerful, covered with fine brown hair, and when he squatted to rinse his face, the sinewy lines in his calves bulged.

As she considered averting her eyes, he stood tall and turned around, his eyes widening at the sight of her.

Brown hair, the same color as his head, scattered across his golden chest. Two copper nipples poked through, and she had the strangest urge to touch them. She gazed downward, to his flat belly, his navel, and the line of hair that ended where the male part of him hung loosely within a nest of chestnut curls.

It drew her eyes like a magnet.

31 comments

  1. Mary Marvella // June 5, 2009 at 1:10 AM  

    Oh, my goodness! Welcome, Helen. Mary was right when she said you were an excellent writer.
    Good job, Mary R

  2. Helen Hardt // June 5, 2009 at 10:45 AM  

    Mary M., thank you for the compliment! And Mary R., thanks for inviting me back to PFS. You ladies rock!

  3. Kaye Manro // June 5, 2009 at 12:01 PM  

    Great interview Helen. And as always, great writing. Congrats on another new release. So many releases lately! It's wonderful to see your work out here!

  4. Donnell Ann Bell // June 5, 2009 at 12:10 PM  

    Wooohooo, One of my favorite Colorado girls on one of my favorite blogs. Hello small world; hello talented writers! Great Excerpt and thanks for the link to the hunks. Great way to find character material, huh? Great interview questions too. Your soon sounds like he's a true hero!

    Good luck on your latest release Lawmen and Outlaws!

  5. Viola Estrella // June 5, 2009 at 12:13 PM  

    Aw, great interview! This story is probably my fave of yours, Helen. Bobby is a hero we all can fall in love with.

  6. Helen Hardt // June 5, 2009 at 12:34 PM  

    Thank you, Kaye! You are such a supportive friend ;).

  7. Helen Hardt // June 5, 2009 at 12:36 PM  

    Donnell, great to see you here! Yes, I've found lots of inspiration from that hunk website, LOL. And thank you for your kind words about my son. He is a true hero. His inner strength humbles me.

  8. Helen Hardt // June 5, 2009 at 12:37 PM  

    Thank you, Vi, for your compliment about the story. I love Bobby, too (and he bears a striking resemblance to Henri Castelli...)

  9. Mary Ricksen // June 5, 2009 at 12:40 PM  

    Ain't Helen the best guys?
    Good luck with the new release my friend!

  10. Josie // June 5, 2009 at 12:57 PM  

    Goodness, Helen, these pictures are fantastic. Best wishes on your releases.

  11. Beth Trissel // June 5, 2009 at 1:10 PM  

    Welcome Helen, so good to have you here on the Fuzzies. Love your eye candy and I enjoyed your interview and post. Your new tale sounds an excellent and entertaining read. I went to my prom. btw, with my hubbie.
    That was a year or two ago, I admit.

  12. Catherine Bybee // June 5, 2009 at 1:53 PM  

    Spicy! Yet not Scarlet... Hmmm... Great interview and awesome excerpt. Congrats on another release, Helen.

  13. Skhye // June 5, 2009 at 2:09 PM  

    Oh boy! Definitely a great post, Mary & Helen. :) Congrats on the new release! It sounds awesome.

  14. Emma Lai // June 5, 2009 at 3:39 PM  

    Great interview ladies! Prom was very overrated in my opinion.

    Your new story sounds great, Helen! The excerpt is tantalizing.

  15. Helen Hardt // June 5, 2009 at 3:47 PM  

    Mary, you're an incredible friend -- thank you!

  16. Helen Hardt // June 5, 2009 at 3:47 PM  

    Thank you, Joanne!

  17. Helen Hardt // June 5, 2009 at 3:49 PM  

    Beth, I know many people who met their significant others in high school. How great that you got to go to prom with your dh ;). Thanks for having me today!

  18. Helen Hardt // June 5, 2009 at 3:52 PM  

    Catherine, great to see you as always ;). Spicy, yes, but no, not Scarlet. I love writing regular romance as much as erotic romance. I'm just a sucker for that HEA!

  19. Helen Hardt // June 5, 2009 at 3:52 PM  

    Thank you, Skhye!

  20. Helen Hardt // June 5, 2009 at 3:54 PM  

    Hi Emma -- I'm glad prom was overrated, since I didn't go, LOL. Glad you enjoyed the excerpt!

  21. P.L. Parker // June 5, 2009 at 5:24 PM  

    I can't write for the drool.

    Patsy
    P. L. Parker

  22. Mona Risk // June 5, 2009 at 7:30 PM  

    Wow, yummy pictures, Helen and a great excerpt. Congrats on your new release. Mary you are a fantastic interviewer.

  23. Barbara Monajem // June 5, 2009 at 7:46 PM  

    Sounds like a fun story -- I haven't read much western romance before, so your book looks like a good place to start.

    I didn't attend my prom, either!

  24. Cari Quinn // June 6, 2009 at 12:32 AM  

    Fun interview...and who can argue with the hunks?

    I didn't go to my prom, either. Seems like there were a lot of us!

    Bobby and TOA are keepers. Best of luck with your latest release, Helen! :)

  25. Nancy J. Cohen // June 6, 2009 at 6:02 AM  

    Thanks for the link on the hunks. I usually cut out pix from magazines to visualize my heroes, but I hadn't thought of going to a website. That'll be useful.

  26. Tricia Leigh Wood // June 6, 2009 at 11:38 AM  

    Read the story, absolutley loved it. :-)

  27. Judith Keim // June 6, 2009 at 11:40 AM  

    Wow! I could leave it at that one word and everyone would know it meant both the pictures and the writing. Great job! Lots of fun. Thanks!

  28. Dayana // June 6, 2009 at 5:20 PM  

    HO BOY! Helen, I am in love in triplicate. I wouldn't toss any of those boys to the side.

    and then I read the excerpt from your story and well...

    Cold shower comes to mind.

    Wow! Great interview, woman:) I am definitely looking forward to reading more of this story and btw, I am making note of that website and might just be borrowing one of these hunks very soon.

    Dayana~

  29. Christina Phillips // June 7, 2009 at 3:29 AM  

    Congratulations Helen, fabulous excerpt!

  30. Paty Jager // June 7, 2009 at 1:12 PM  

    Helen, Fun to learn more about you! And anyone who likes cowboys is going to love the love the Lawmen and Outlaws anthology! I've read all the stories and they're great!

  31. Edie Ramer // June 7, 2009 at 8:49 PM  

    Helen, great blurb! Very nice.