I’m excited!

Both the trailer and the cover for Black Swan, my spicy vampire romance from The Wild Rose Press, are nominated for awards at The New Covey Trailer Awards and The New Covey Cover Awards! Think of the trailer awards as an academy awards for book trailers. Pam Roller produced and I wrote my trailer. Voting for the most intriguing trailer ends June 19. Voting for the covers ends June 14. I’d really appreciate your vote if you like the trailer and cover!

Cover, Entry #21, Black Swan: http://thenewcoveycoverawards.blogspot.com/
Trailer, Entry #2, Black Swan: http://thenewcoveytrailerawards.blogspot.com/

Black Swan was number 1 on the publisher’s best seller list for 6 weeks, and I’m delighted that it is still on the list.

Excerpt:

The fact that the man she loved was in bed with another woman ceased to be important when Holly saw the blood. Her heart, which had been running on empty until she met Tristan, stuttered and stalled. Horror freeze-framed time—the shutter snaps of images flooding her brain almost audible. She couldn’t breathe or move, knew she hadn’t made a sound, but Tristan's head snapped up. Wild red eyes honed in on her. Blood smeared his mouth, drizzled from two wounds on his partner's throat. The woman he'd been screwing appeared deathly pale and deadly still.

She should run before he shouted, "What the hell are you doing here?" but fear had turned her to ice. Holly hadn't blinked but Tristan stood on his feet. Her heart tripped over a beat. No one could move that fast. Burning eyes captured hers. He shook back his mane of black hair and holding her prisoner in his gaze, glided toward her. The last rays of the dying sun bronzed his body.

How incredibly beautiful he was. How she loved him. How dare he do this to her?

She wanted to scream, “You SOB! Saturday you said you loved me. Monday you're banging another woman!"

Humiliation, jealousy, and grief burned like fire beneath her skin. She tried but failed to tear her gaze from his. Tristan's eyes were luminous azure not scarlet. The blood on his mouth had somehow disappeared, or, please God, maybe she'd imagined it. His naked body blocked Holly's view of the bed though she knew the woman still lay there. Why hadn't she said something, jumped up or grabbed her clothes and slammed the door? Blood.

Her head gave a dizzy spin. Maybe the woman was dead. Fear broke Holly's paralysis.

"I’d no right.” She folded her arms tight across her chest, holding herself together as she backed away, babbling, “I did knock. The door was open a little bit.” But there’d been no welcoming light only shadows. “I’m sorry. So sorry. I'm going now.”

Before I start crying.

“Hols,” Tristan whispered his voice as lovely as the music he made. “Wait please. Allow me to explain.”

Hols. His pet name for me.

In one swift move that blurred her vision, he bent and the sheet materialized loosely knotted around his hips. Was he trying to be modest? They'd been sleeping together for a month. In that time, she’d lovingly memorized every contour of his slender, muscled physique. Holly's willful eyes traveled down him, catching on the long lump beneath the sheet. Memories teased her, desire pulsing above her pelvic bone.

Black Swan is available from The Wild Rose Press. http://thewildrosepress.com/Please visit my web site for a continuing story, Vampire Hunt. http://www.lindanightingale.com

15 comments

  1. Mona Risk // June 13, 2009 at 9:57 AM  

    Yeah Linda for being nominated for best book cover and best trailer. I voted for both. Fingers crossed.

  2. Judith Keim // June 13, 2009 at 10:07 AM  

    Good luck, Linda. I voted. Congratulations on all your good work. Hope it brings success.

  3. Mary Marvella // June 13, 2009 at 11:51 AM  

    Exciting every time I read it. Linda you got the touch! Woo-hoo!

  4. Edie Ramer // June 13, 2009 at 12:20 PM  

    I voted for you in both categories. Good luck! I hope you win.

  5. Nightingale // June 13, 2009 at 1:41 PM  

    Thanks everyone for the encouragement and your votes! I've got my fingers crossed so I can't type any more. :-)

  6. Mary Ricksen // June 13, 2009 at 2:26 PM  

    You're gonna win both. You're gonna win both. My new mantra for you Beth!

  7. Toni V.S. // June 13, 2009 at 5:39 PM  

    Go, Linda!

  8. Beth Trissel // June 13, 2009 at 6:10 PM  

    Count me in as a BIG fan of Linda's work. We need MORE books out from this exquisitely talented author.

  9. Nightingale // June 13, 2009 at 6:26 PM  
    This comment has been removed by the author.
  10. Nightingale // June 13, 2009 at 6:58 PM  

    Wow, Beth, thank you. (I say blushing). I hope an editor reads your comment!

  11. Anonymous // June 13, 2009 at 7:15 PM  

    I've read it, LOVED it and VOTED on it! I can't wait to read more from you!

    Are you working on anything currently?

    Are you allowed to share a bit if you are?

  12. Nightingale // June 13, 2009 at 7:35 PM  

    Hi Vitch! I'm deep into a fallen angel book that has me struggling but the visuals in my mind are awesome! Hope I capture them on paper.

  13. Pamela Varnado // June 15, 2009 at 3:49 PM  

    Linda,
    I'm so excited about your success. I loved your trailer and book cover and can see why both are nominated for awards. I voted and can't wait to hear that you've won!

  14. Nightingale // June 15, 2009 at 9:00 PM  

    Thanks everyone for the vote of confidence and the votes! Today marked the close for cover awards. The trailer voting runs through 6/19.

    Hugs to all of you.

  15. Melissa B // June 25, 2009 at 2:33 PM  

    Awesome excerpt, Linda! Enjoyed it.

    Congrats on your nomination. : )