Mary Ricksen has invited Paty Jager to tell us a a very special book. Welcome, Paty

First, I’d like to thank the ladies of the Fuzzy Pink Slippers for inviting me here today.

I guess I’ll start off with a question- If you are a woman with experience(sex,love), would finding yourself attracted to a man your age with limited sexual experience turn you off or on? In other words, do you like being the teacher or would you rather be the student?

Miner in Petticoats which released today is such a story.

The heroine, Aileen, had a loving marriage with her first husband who was killed. Her second husband, who was also killed, was abusive. But through her first marriage she experienced all the wonders of making love and when she begins to follow through on the attraction she has for the hero- she discovers she’s the teacher and he’s the student.

Ethan is two years younger than Aileen and has only experienced quick liaisons with prostitutes. When he decides to court and win this woman’s love, he finds himself, for the first time in a long time, having to swallow his pride and learn what most men his age already know- what a woman needs and wants.

Throw into the mix two younger brothers who know more than him and you have one frustrated hero who doesn’t know where to turn for help.

Miner in Petticoats is the third book in the Halsey brother series. You don’t have to read the first books to enjoy this book but you might like to know more about the family.

Blurb for Miner in Petticoats:
Shouldering the burdens of his family and the mining community, Ethan Halsey devotes himself to providing for his brother’s growing families.

However, Aileen Miller, a widow, also looking out for her family’s interests, refuses to part with the land he needs. As they battle- one to push his dream to reality and the other to prove no man will hurt her again- their lives become enmeshed and their hearts collide.


Excerpt:
She slid her arms around his neck and pressed her body against him. “That’s okay. You taught me numbers, I’ll teach you what a woman wants.” Her lips brushed his lightly, back and forth, teasing, tingling. Her wet, warm mouth opened and he surrendered to her instruction.

Aileen owed the man kissing her back passionately, yet, she wasn’t sure how much she was willing to give. She wanted him. Her body wanted him. He’d proven his gentleness and was now proving his desire as his hands roamed over her hips and back up over her bottom and around just brushing the sides of her breasts. The feel of his strong, yet, gentle hands brought back faded memories of being loved. A feeling she thought would never happen again.

She placed her hands on either side of his rugged face and pulled back enough to keep their lips separated as she looked into his eyes. “Ah’ve a hunger fur ye. But Ah’ve bairn to think aboot.” The desire in his eyes didn’t lessen as his lips curved into a smile that dazzled her senses.
“I’ll keep my hands to myself when the children and others are present as long as
you promise to slip into my arms when we’re alone.”

She studied his face. Was he willing to not bed her? Even though she knew he was rock hard and had to be hurting.

22 comments

  1. Paty Jager // June 12, 2009 at 6:53 PM  

    Glad to be here!

  2. Mary Ricksen // June 12, 2009 at 7:07 PM  

    Welcome Paty!
    Please forgive me for posting late. Mary Marvella had to help me post it, for the life of me I couldn't do it, my computer is giving me fits!
    Thanks for blogging with us and good luck with your new book!!!!

  3. Mary Ricksen // June 12, 2009 at 7:10 PM  

    I'd rather be the student!

  4. Helen Hardt // June 12, 2009 at 7:35 PM  

    I think there are benefits to being both the student and the teacher ;). Not sure I can choose!

  5. Mary Marvella // June 12, 2009 at 7:58 PM  

    The book sounds interesting, Paty. I'd go either way. Both sound fun!

  6. Paty Jager // June 12, 2009 at 8:15 PM  

    Mary, no problem. Its up and people are commenting- all is good!

    Helen- I'm with you- both sound good to me!

    Mary M.- I agree with both could be fun. Thanks for stopping by.

  7. Barbara Monajem // June 12, 2009 at 8:17 PM  

    Hi, Paty -- Your book sounds unusual, always a plus with me.

    I've read a few romances where the woman had more experience, and I really enjoyed them. It was a refreshing change, especially in historicals :)

  8. Anonymous // June 12, 2009 at 8:18 PM  

    Well Paty,
    I'm shocked! No just kidding. I enjoyed your excerpt and although I like my men a little more worldly and knowledgable, I can see her attraction.
    Sounds like fun.
    Patrice Wilton

  9. Skhye // June 12, 2009 at 8:52 PM  

    Lucky, Ethan! ;) ~Skhye

  10. Edie Ramer // June 12, 2009 at 9:22 PM  

    What a great premise and excerpt! Congratulations on your release!

  11. Paty Jager // June 12, 2009 at 9:50 PM  

    Thanks Barbara, Because Ethan is used to being in control, I figured giving the heroine the control in the love making would add a touch more conflict. ;)

    Hi Patrice! LOL

    Hi Skhye!

    Edie, I'm glad you find the premise interesting.

  12. Scarlet Pumpernickel // June 12, 2009 at 10:54 PM  

    Paty,
    Congrats on the new book! Sounds like a fun read! Bet she'll teach him a thing or three. He's sure to be a quick study! Oh, yes, where can we find it? Is it an e-book or regular? Who is your publisher? Did I miss that? I'm like Mary R, sometimes I forget things.

    Scarlet

  13. Paty Jager // June 12, 2009 at 11:17 PM  

    Scarlet,

    You can purchase it as an e-book at http://www.thewildrosepress.com/miner-in-petticoats-p-1271.html?zenid=b8fb5ef5ecbcd4f514dc1d74a156a17f
    or in print at Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Miner-Petticoats-Paty-Jager/dp/1601545061/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1244862885&sr=1-1
    or you can order it from any book store.

  14. Mary Marvella // June 12, 2009 at 11:31 PM  

    Paty, there might be some late folks stopping by tomorrow. I hope so.

  15. Nightingale // June 13, 2009 at 9:57 AM  

    Paty, I've added this to my TBR. I usually read paranormal or fantasy but the excerpt hooked me.

  16. Judith Keim // June 13, 2009 at 10:02 AM  

    Hi, Paty! Welcome to the Fuzzies blog. Your book sounds interesting. Love the cover. I like my men to be knowledgeable but it's an interesting concept to have your heroine be the teacher. Good luck with it

  17. Paty Jager // June 13, 2009 at 10:15 AM  

    Nightingale, Thanks and if you like paranormal and like my writing- I have a paranormal historical being looked at by The Wild Rose Press. So stop by my blog or website in a few months and I could be talking about when it will be out.

    Thanks Judy!

  18. Lauri // June 13, 2009 at 11:11 AM  

    Poor Ethan, and what a conflict! I like the twist. I love stories that turn the tables a touch.

    Congrats on the release Paty!

  19. Anne Carrole // June 13, 2009 at 11:20 PM  

    I love this series. Can't wait to read this next installment! And I'd be happy either way :)

  20. Josie // June 14, 2009 at 10:29 AM  

    Welcome, Paty, to the Pink Fuzzies. Great excerpt and excellent premise!

  21. KaiaLogan // June 14, 2009 at 12:26 PM  

    Hi Paty
    Congratlations on your new release, it sounds like a fun read. I have to say, I think it would be fun to be either student or teacher! ;-)

  22. Paty Jager // June 14, 2009 at 12:38 PM  

    Thanks Lauri, Yes, I love a twist as well.

    Anne Carrole- HI! Glad you stopped by and are enjoying the Halsey brothers!

    Thanks Joanne.

    I agree Kaia.