You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you. ~Ray Bradbury

6 comments

  1. Beth Trissel // May 20, 2008 at 1:21 PM  

    Right! Note to self. Reality can be a real Bummer.

  2. Nightingale // May 20, 2008 at 2:05 PM  

    Are all writers escapists? Or just me?

    Were you surprised that it wasn't Wilde!

  3. Beth Trissel // May 20, 2008 at 6:35 PM  

    I'm always surprised when it isn't Wilde.

  4. Mary Marvella // May 20, 2008 at 7:46 PM  

    I've never lived in the real world for long periods of time.

  5. Liz Jasper // May 20, 2008 at 7:57 PM  

    Well that was a crack up. Go Mr. Bradbury!

  6. Toni V.S. // May 20, 2008 at 9:42 PM  

    I had the privilege of meeting Ray Bradbury in March at the South Coast Writers Association. He was plugging his new book. He signed that one for me and another also. I have several of his books, bought when they had just come out, when he was a still fairly-new writer and I was a college sophomore. He's in very poor health, was in a wheelchair.