Birthday blog

Posted by Mary Marvella | 12:11 AM | , , , , | 8 comments »

I had a wonderful birthday. When my daughter called saying she didn't feel up to having our birthday dinner, I wondered if this would be a quiet day. Well, two friends called to suggest getting together. I met one and asked for a rain check with the other. They don't now each other.

My friend June and I had fun and laughed a lot. I missed my kid but was grateful for my friends. Several email greetings made me feel loved, though some were automatic from loops. Hey, I have friends in cyberspace.

As I was leaving supper with my friend June, I got a call from Jamaica, my first call from Jamaica! I am sooo bragging! My young friend, multi-published author Kayla Perrin, and Una, her mama, called me to wish me a happy birthday. Too cool! The three of us share May birthdays within a few days of each other. They are my Gemini soul sisters, even if one is my daughter's age. They usually call from Canada. I saved the numbers on Caller ID to prove I got the calls from there.

Want to know more about the Magic mirror?
Want to know about summer makeup and skincare?

Come back for that!

8 comments

  1. Beth Trissel // May 25, 2008 at 9:28 AM  

    Yes Mary! We are clamoring for more!

  2. Beth Trissel // May 25, 2008 at 9:29 AM  

    PS. Happy belated birthday. I'm glad it was a good one. Here's wishing you many more!

  3. Mary Marvella // May 25, 2008 at 1:44 PM  

    I plan to live to be 100 + and be a pest! Thanks!

  4. Nightingale // May 25, 2008 at 4:29 PM  

    OOOH bad ole me. I forgot to call you on the day. Happy Birthday!!

  5. Mary Marvella // May 25, 2008 at 8:04 PM  

    You sent me a card! Your was the only or I got so far.
    Did you notice I got a call from Jamaica?

  6. Mary Ricksen // May 25, 2008 at 9:22 PM  

    Happy belated birthday. I don't know if I want to live to be 100+, unless I'm rich. You are being so unpest like, how could you be accused of it.

  7. Mary Marvella // May 25, 2008 at 10:08 PM  

    I'm practicing in private so I'll be a good pest!

  8. Misc. Muse // May 26, 2008 at 6:31 PM  

    Happy Birthday!!
    Want to know about summer makeup and skincare? ---------by all means yes.