Hi all,


I'll be signing my 2008 EPPIE Award winning mystery UNDERDEAD this Saturday, April 26, from 2-4 at the LA Times Festival of Books. Look for me in the Sisters In Crime booth. (Booth 355, next to Royce Hall.) If you're one of the tens of thousands going to the festival this weekend, please stop by and say hi! I'd love to see you.



In UNDERDEAD, Science teacher Jo Gartner thinks teaching geology to hormonal pre-teens is deadly... until she is bitten by an inept vampire and becomes UNDERDEAD--all the problems of being a vampire, none of the perks.


When she finds a body on her classroom floor with teeth marks in his neck, she must figure out "whodunit" before her Underdead secret gets out. But she's running out of time. The detective in charge of the case is dogging her every move, her vampire traits are evolving in new and embarrassing ways, and someone wants Jo dead...the traditional way!


“UNDERDEAD is certainly not your typical vampire story, it’s better…. I guarantee UNDERDEAD will have you laughing out loud, while keeping you in suspense right up until the end.”~~ Two Lips Reviews


Hope to see some of you there!


Liz, ready to get a sunburn and heatstroke for her art. (Forecast for LA tomorrow is sunny and HOT!)



6 comments

  1. Beth Trissel // April 25, 2008 at 1:15 PM  

    Don't sacrifice your life, Liz! Wear a hat and drink lots of water. Thrilled for you in this exciting event. Can you promo the Fuzzies while you're at it?

  2. Beth Trissel // April 25, 2008 at 1:15 PM  

    Don't sacrifice your life, Liz! Wear a hat and drink lots of water. Thrilled for you in this exciting event. Can you promo the Fuzzies while you're at it?

  3. Liz Jasper // April 25, 2008 at 1:32 PM  

    I will bring a permanant marker and scribble the PFSW url on everyone I pass, not to worry. :) Liz

  4. Nightingale // April 25, 2008 at 1:46 PM  

    Have fun, Liz.

  5. Beth Trissel // April 25, 2008 at 10:46 PM  

    I seem to have repeated myself, I see. That's how eager I am! Go fight the good fight for us all!

  6. Mary Marvella // April 26, 2008 at 8:23 PM  

    Okay, I taught school and I gotta say I am soooo glad I didn't have such a find in my classroom. There were students I'd have strung up by their toenails though! Kidding!