CRUISING

Posted by Mary Marvella | 7:31 PM | 3 comments »

My daughter and I just returned from a cruise to Cozumel as part of a destination wedding. I loved that everything was on the ship! Glitz and glitter included gambling and stage shows.

Meals and snacks beckoned pretty much 24/7 to please almost the most finicky eater. Desserts tempted dieters to sin big time.The good thing for me was that I could order any meals I wanted. I'd already paid for them.

The cleaning crews kept the rooms/cabins and the rest of the ship polished. Everyone offered smiles and services, making passengers feel like royalty.

Did I mention the wonderful food?

The good thing was that we were in our own little self-contained world, away from the real world. The bad thing was we were away from the real world, unless we wanted to spend bunches of money for international calling cards and expensive Internet connections. I'm cheap!

There were places to play, work, or just chill out.

The wedding, the reason we took the cruise, used with the ocean as a backdrop for the ceremony. The elegant bride and groom dazzled in white.

As much as I loved the attention from the waitstaff and ship's employees, I was ready to return home.

3 comments

  1. Beth Trissel // April 17, 2008 at 8:56 AM  

    Sounds fabulous and utterly beyond my ken. I worked like an earthy peasant in my garden.

  2. Nightingale // April 17, 2008 at 12:53 PM  

    Wish I could have been there! I've never been to Cozumel but I understand it is lovely. Did they have lobster on the ship? What cruise line did you go on?

    Thanks for taking us along on your cruise in your post.

  3. Mary Marvella // April 18, 2008 at 1:23 AM  

    We were with the Carnival line. Each meal has its own menu and, yes, lobster was on it one night. Each dish looked and tasted like heaven. The desserts were pure sin!