Thanks to my dear critique partner Mona for posting the news of my American Title win. I've been travelling and sleeping the last few days!

Pittsburgh was my first Romantic Times Convention but it won't be the last. I took my daughter with me and we had so much fun. The themed parties were a laugh. What great costumes some of the people had. Even I managed to don some wings for the Under the Sea Fairy Ball. The RT staff were wonderful--what a feat of organisation--they all work so hard. The Dorchester people were all so friendly and helpful. I'm looking forward to working with them.

And WOW!! Don't you just love the book cover Dorchester have done for The Magic Knot and they produced it so fast as well.




Here are my daughter and I with the new Mr. Romance 2008 Chris Winters.




I was also lucky enough to meet Kathryn Falk the power behind Romantic Times and one of the strongest supporters of the Romance genre over the past twenty-five years. Here I am with my book poster after the American Title announcement, with Kathryn Falk and Chris Keesler from Dorchester.






Thanks to the wonderful Erin Galloway and Diane Stacy from Dorchester, I was lucky enough to have some excerpts of the first two chapters from The Magic Knot and some pics of the cover to sign at the huge book signing event on Saturday. I sat with Jenny Gardiner who won American Title III last year with her book Sleeping With Ward Cleaver. Here we are with Luke, one of the Mr. Romance contestents.


Thank you so much to everyone who voted for The Magic Knot during the five rounds of the American Title contest and made this possible.

6 comments

  1. Beth Trissel // April 23, 2008 at 8:19 PM  

    Hey, there's you and Jenny! Jenny is a pal of mine. To think I know both winners from two years running. What are the odds of that! Very kewl, Helen. So happy for you.

  2. Mona Risk // April 23, 2008 at 9:50 PM  

    Good to have you back on the PFS, Helene. Great pictures.

  3. Mary Marvella // April 23, 2008 at 11:39 PM  

    So glad you had a good time. You are a winner indeed!

  4. Trish Milburn // April 24, 2008 at 12:43 PM  

    Congrats again on your exciting win, Helen! You look so happy in all the pictures. :)

  5. Liz Jasper // April 24, 2008 at 9:01 PM  

    Yay Helen! I enjoyed seeing the pictures. Almost as if I were there to cheer you on in person.
    Congrats!!!! Love the cover.
    :)
    Liz

  6. Nightingale // April 24, 2008 at 11:26 PM  

    OOH isn't Chris Keesler cute? I know I'm older (much) but I had a really hard time pitching to him at SARA.