Good morning, Susan! Lookin' good today!   We like pink here! Our Georgia weather is playing with us with cool temps. Just 'cause it's fall now....At least we don't need the fireplace yet. Whatcha got with you?

Morning1 Good Morning Pink, Fuzzy Ladies!
I just dropped by to bring y’all some mimosas. I’m celebrating the release of my debut novel, Lowcountry Boil. It’s just been released from Henery Press. Everyone got a glass? Cheers! My, that’s good…
Anyway, here’s a bit about Lowcountry Boil, the first in the Liz Talbot mystery series.
Private Investigator Liz Talbot is a modern Southern belle: she blesses hearts and takes names. She carries her Sig 9 in her Kate Spade handbag, and her golden retriever, Rhett, rides shotgun in her hybrid Escape. When her grandmother is murdered, Liz high-tails it back to her South Carolina island home to find the killer. She’s fit to be tied when her police-chief brother shuts her out of the investigation, so she opens her own. Then her long-dead best friend pops in and things really get complicated. When more folks start turning up dead in this small seaside town, Liz must use more than just her wits and charm to keep her family safe, chase down clues from the hereafter, and catch a psychopath before he catches her.
Anyone need a refill?
Seems like there are one or two of you I haven’t met. Where are my manners? Here’s a little about me…
Susan M. Boyer has been making up stories her whole life. She tags along with her husband on business trips whenever she can because hotels are great places to write: fresh coffee all day and cookies at 4 p.m. They have a home in Greenville, SC, which they occasionally visit. Susan’s short fiction has appeared in MoonShine Review, Spinetingler Magazine, Relief Journal, The Petigru Review, and Catfish Stew. Her debut novel, LOWCOUNTRY BOIL, is a 2012 RWA Golden Heart® finalist and a 2012 Daphne du Maurier finalist.
Mary, my goodness, your glass is empty. Here you go…
If Lowcountry Boil sounds like your kind of read, you can find it in all the usual online places, in e-Book or trade paperback.
Amazon Kindle B&N Nook Apple iPad
Amazon Paperback B&N Paperback
Fiction Addiction, my local independent bookstore will also have it in stock.
When I’m not holed up in my PJs and pink fuzzies, I’m online in the usual places:
Website   http://www.susanmboyerbooks.com/wp-content/themes/susanboyer3/images/facebook.png   http://www.susanmboyerbooks.com/wp-content/themes/susanboyer3/images/twitter.png   http://www.susanmboyerbooks.com/wp-content/themes/susanboyer3/images/pinterest.png   http://www.susanmboyerbooks.com/wp-content/themes/susanboyer3/images/goodreads.png 
Please come visit when you can!
Thank y’all so much for having me today! Before I go, I was wondering, do you all love the beach as much as I do? Where is your favorite beach?


21 comments

  1. Mary Marvella // September 24, 2012 at 12:51 AM  

    Good morning, Susan! Welcome!

  2. Susan M. Boyer // September 24, 2012 at 8:57 AM  

    Hi Mary! Thank you so much for having me on Fuzzy Slipper Writers today!

  3. Beth Trissel // September 24, 2012 at 9:45 AM  

    Morning to you and a warm fuzzy welcome. Are the mimosas gluten free?
    :) Your new mystery sounds scintillating and I really like your setting. Also your pink top.

  4. Terri L. Austin // September 24, 2012 at 10:28 AM  

    Congrats, Susan!! Love Lowcountry Boil and Liz Talbot!

  5. Susan M. Boyer // September 24, 2012 at 11:17 AM  

    Hi Beth! I'm not sure if mimosas are gluten free or not. I would think so, but I confess gluten confuses me. :)

    Thank you so much for the warm fuzzy welcome!

  6. Susan M. Boyer // September 24, 2012 at 11:19 AM  

    Terri! I am so relieved to see you back online. Thanks os much for dropping by--do you need a refill?

    And thank you so much for loving Liz! She wants to hang out with Rose Strickland sometime soon.

  7. Pamela Varnado // September 24, 2012 at 12:29 PM  

    OOh, mimosas, sounds delicious.
    Susan, congratulations on the new release. It sounds like a wonderful read. My husband and i took a trip to Destin, Florida a few years back. Our hotel room faced the ocean. At night we would open the patio door and sleep to the sound of waves rolling along the shoreline. I'll never forget the peacefulness of the place.

    And ladies, pink is my favorite color.

  8. Mary Marvella // September 24, 2012 at 1:17 PM  

    Susan, Tybee Beach near Savannah, Georgia has always been my favorite beach. My family vacationed there for many years. We rented part of an old house down the street from the beach!

  9. Susan M. Boyer // September 24, 2012 at 1:26 PM  

    Hi Pam! I love sleeping to the sound of ocean waves--and I love Destin! So beautiful! Cheers!

    Mary, I love Tybee island! We like to take our bikes and just putter around. The only time we get in the car is to drive into Savannah.

    Cheers! :)

  10. Autumn Jordon // September 24, 2012 at 1:51 PM  

    Hi, Susan, and welcome to the PFS. I think we met on the Rubies blog a while back. Congrats on your success so far. I'm defintiely going to check LB out.

    BTW, I just had my first mimosas a few weeks ago. Yummy.

  11. Susan M. Boyer // September 24, 2012 at 2:00 PM  

    Hi Autumn! Yes, you're right. Thank you so much! Oh, aren't mimosas just awesome?

    :)

    Cheers!

  12. Mona Risk // September 24, 2012 at 3:03 PM  

    Hi Susan,this looks like a fun suspense.

  13. Susan M. Boyer // September 24, 2012 at 5:03 PM  

    Hi, Mona! Thank you so much! :)

  14. Larissa Reinhart // September 24, 2012 at 5:29 PM  

    Fun post, Susan! Lowcountry Boil is a great mystery & I wish you lots of luck on its success! I got the opportunity to read Liz Talbot's first detective story while on Tybee Island. Perfect reading spot for this lowcountry book!

    Larissa

  15. Mary Ricksen // September 24, 2012 at 7:30 PM  

    Welcome to the fuzzies! Gosh this looks like a great read! Good luck and it's on the top of my TBR list!

  16. Scarlet Pumpernickel // September 24, 2012 at 8:54 PM  

    Susan, your book sounds great. I love a good mystery. Sounds like this one has it all. Thanks for visiting the Fuzzies. Lots of luck with the new book.

  17. Susan M. Boyer // September 24, 2012 at 11:02 PM  

    Thanks so much, Larissa, Mary, and Scarlet!

    Thanks again, Mary M. for having me on Pink Fuzzy Slipper Writers! I enjoyed today so much!

  18. Judith Keim // September 25, 2012 at 11:01 AM  

    Hi, Susan! Love the idea of Low Country Boil and the entire series!! Good luck with it! Can't wait to read it! Congratulations!

  19. Patrice Wilton // September 26, 2012 at 7:32 AM  

    Susan, congrats on being a Golden Heart finalist and this new series. Looks like you have a winner! All best to you.

  20. Susan M. Boyer // September 26, 2012 at 2:08 PM  

    Hi Judy! Thank you so much! I so appreciate the good wishes, and I'm thrilled you want to read Lowcountry Boil! :)

    Hi Patrice! Being a Golden Heart finalist was simply a sublime experience. :) Thank you so much!

  21. Josie // September 30, 2012 at 8:44 PM  

    A belated Pink Fuzzy welcome to you, Susan, and a big thank you to MM for hosting you.

    A mimosa sounds perfect, and so does your wonderful read.