This time of year always gets to me, in a good way. It’s a whole season of excitement filled with family and friends and even strangers wishing you a wonderful life. I’m grateful for each and every one of them. Even though 2011 has been a challenging year for my family, in many ways, it has been a year of renewed strength, shared wisdom and open embraces. I will never forget this year. And now, that the time has pushed us to the end of the calendar where we say goodbye to 2011 and hello to 2012, I have the same itch coursing through my veins that I get ever year at this time. It’s time to set my New Year’s goals.

Yup, I’m a goal setter. I actually make a list (not more than ten goals). They range from personal growth, to professional objectives, to reading a classic novel I’ve never read before. I think hard about them before committing them to an index card which I insert into the sleeve of my Day-Timer and carry with me. It’s funny at the times when I thought I didn’t have another minute or energy to spare, I’d find that list and it made me realize the promise I made to myself and somehow I’d find the time to do fulfill the vow.

Looking back on my list, I’m satisfied that given the additional commitments I’ve shouldered in 2011, I did pretty darn good in meeting my goals. Could I have done better? Probably. I know at times, I’ve left life upset me to the point I didn’t feel like pushing myself, but, that is a lesson learned. So with 2012 staring me in the face and armed with new-found wisdom, I’m making my goal list for 2012 tonight. Tomorrow, I’ll kiss this year goodbye and start on a new leg of the journey called life. WINK

8 comments

  1. Nightingale // December 30, 2011 at 1:11 PM  

    Happy New Year, Autumn. I don't make new year's resolutions. I like to keep my promises--even to myself!

  2. Mary Marvella // December 30, 2011 at 4:30 PM  

    Autumn, I'm not good with goals, but I will make some with my Critique group.

    Did I meet all my goals? Nah, but I self published 4 books, not on my list. I gained new students and clients who take my time and give me $$$.

    A good swap!

    I wish you a 2012 with fewer health challenges and many wonderful things.

  3. Autumn Jordon // December 30, 2011 at 7:43 PM  

    Thanks, ladies! Happy New Year to you too.

  4. Scarlet Pumpernickel // December 31, 2011 at 3:19 AM  

    Happy New Year, Autumn and all the other lovely Pink Fuzzy ladies! Making a list of goals? Now sure I'm up to that this year, but I'll think about it. Thanks for the reminder.

  5. Judith Keim // December 31, 2011 at 7:44 AM  

    I agree with you, Autumn! Thinking about a new year and all its possibilities always excites me. I'm not as good as you are about writing down my goals but I have them! Happy New Year!!

  6. Beth Trissel // December 31, 2011 at 11:25 AM  

    Happy New Year Autumn dear. I'm only good with goals if I really mean it. :)

  7. Mary Ricksen // December 31, 2011 at 3:12 PM  

    Happy New Year to everyone, I don't set goals, I just aim in hopefully the right direction!
    May your New Year be the one where you all achieve your goals. Especially those for your heart...

  8. Mary Marvella // January 1, 2012 at 12:03 AM  

    Happy 2012!