Night Before Doomsday is novella that was inspired by a quote from Genesis, "The sons of God saw that the daughters of men were fair; and they took wives for themselves from those who were pleasing to them."


So, I read the Book of Enoch to find out more about these angels who fell from grace for the love—or was it lust—of a woman. Below is a blurb.

Azazel was a leader of the Grigori, the angels sent to Earth to teach Mankind after the oust from Eden, how to survive in a less hospitable environment. Nine-tenths of the Grigori fell from Grace, but was it love or lust?

This novella presents the Grigori's tale in first person from Azazel's point of view--the temptations, his struggles and the final realization that Heaven doesn't speak to him anymore.

Excerpt is available.

Night Before Doomsday is on sale at Amazon for $.99—an inexpensive glance into a mystery.

My son, Simon, designed the cover!

11 comments

  1. Barbara Monajem // December 1, 2011 at 4:40 PM  

    What a great title! And a very noticeable cover, too. Your son did a wonderful job. What does the symbol on the cover mean?

  2. Pamela Varnado // December 1, 2011 at 11:03 PM  

    Linda, you come up with the coolest ideas. Your excerpt is so awesome I'm heading to Amazon right now to purchase the story.

  3. Mona Risk // December 2, 2011 at 1:59 AM  

    Linda, I have your book and need to make time to read. So many books, so little time is embroidered on a little pillow on my sofa.

  4. Mary Marvella // December 2, 2011 at 2:19 AM  

    Another special Linda story.

    Handsome angels to seduce. Hmmm!

    Knowing the story behind it helps make me want to read it again.

  5. Mary Ricksen // December 2, 2011 at 12:33 PM  

    Yes, does the symbol mean something??
    Loved the excerpt, you shoulda posted it here! Like Mona says, so many books, so little time. I love a good book and Linda your stories are great!

  6. Josie // December 2, 2011 at 1:12 PM  

    Linda,
    Love your cover. Your son is very talented. And, love your excerpt. As always, you are amazing.

    I'm interested in finding out what the symbol on the cover means, also.

  7. Mary Marvella // December 2, 2011 at 2:20 PM  

    I know and I'm not telling!

  8. Nightingale // December 2, 2011 at 2:56 PM  

    Thanks everyone for the wonderful comments. Mona, I understand perfectly about too many good books and too little time.

    The symbol is Azazel's sigil. Angels have sigils, seals and characters that are used in magic to summon them. In my stories, the sigil is a brand in the palm and is the angel's name spelled in Malachim (the language of heaven) script.

  9. Nightingale // December 2, 2011 at 2:57 PM  

    I'll tell Simon that his cover is apprecitated by people qualified to judge! He'll be delighted.

  10. Beth Trissel // December 3, 2011 at 11:43 AM  

    Excellent and I already know this is a very well written and intriguing story. Congrats!

  11. Judith Keim // December 5, 2011 at 8:02 AM  

    Interesting, Barbara, and I love the cover. You are so talented and your son is too! Good luck with this!! I'm sure you'll sell a lot. Your stories are so intriguing.