I have three quotes to help you make the most of your life. 

SPEW ALERT. SWALLOW ANYTHING IN YOUR MOUTH BEFORE READING
THE LAST QUOTE.
I'M SERIOUS.
This blogger will not be held responsible for any damage
to
your computer if you spew liquid or food. If you choke from
shock,
not my problem.

I love this quote!
Smile at each other, smile at your wife, smile at your
husband, smile
at your children, smile at each other -
it doesn't matter who it is -
and that will help you to
grow up in greater love for each other.
Mother Teresa

You know how much seeing a smile can make you feel better.
It is difficult
not to mirror the smile. If no one is at
home or the folks around you won't smile, go look in a
mirror and tell yourself a silly joke and SMILE!



Who knew this man was so deep?

I think I'd like to be remembered as someone who beat the
odds through
just plain determination. ... that I persevered.
Because I think that being
somewhat of a pest to life,
constantly plaguing and pursuing, will bring results.

-- Sylvester Stallone (1946-) American Actor

We writers know about perseverance and being a pest when we
need to.


IF YOU SPEW ON YOUR COMPUTER OR CHOKE, DON'T
BLAME ME!

5<<<<<
4 >>>>
3<<<
2>>
1<

When addressing a man's "member", if you want it to get huge,
tell it it's huge.
(I changed the word she used because of
the PG rating we have.)
E. Jean Carroll, Elle Magazine, Advice columnist, 2010.

Yes, that is about sex. It's also about life. When you want
folks to do great things you tell them you expect great things
from them. You must do that for yourself. Affirmations, positive
talk, tooting your own horn, hype, whatever it takes. You must be
your own cheerleader.

Comments, anyone?


21 comments

  1. Scarlet Pumpernickel // November 13, 2010 at 8:15 PM  

    I love the quotes MM! And might I add one that I adopted and don't remember who to credit it to? If anyone knows the author, don't tell'em I borrowed it!

    If it is to be, it's up to me!
    Scarlet lives by this motto

  2. Mary Marvella // November 13, 2010 at 9:12 PM  

    Excellent quote, Scarlet! Thanks.

  3. Autumn Jordon // November 13, 2010 at 10:43 PM  

    OMG. LOL. Love it.

    That is a good one too, Scarlet.

    I have one. Richard Bach.

    You are never given a dream without also the power to make it come true.

  4. Mary Marvella // November 13, 2010 at 10:58 PM  

    Autumn, I'm glad you liked the quotes. Thanks for yours, too! have a good Sunday!

  5. Donnell Ann Bell // November 14, 2010 at 5:32 AM  

    Thanks for the reminders, Mary :) I've got one....



    “A smile is an inexpensive way to improve your looks.”

  6. Mary Marvella // November 14, 2010 at 9:15 AM  

    That is sooo true, Donnell. We say that in our books, so we must believe it. A person might be ordinary looking until he or she smiles, then whammo! A smile transforms him or her to handsome or gorgeous.

  7. Judith Keim // November 14, 2010 at 12:11 PM  

    Good quotes, Mary. No matter who says it or how, perserverance is a must in writing and smiling and what it means for your whole body and spirit is a must.The dream is power. It is the gift of imagination. The ability to translate feelings into words that reach deep inside each of us...

  8. Mona Risk // November 14, 2010 at 3:42 PM  

    Mary, I love your last one. As a writer here is one I live by:
    We do not write because we want to; we write because we have to.
    Somerset Maugham

  9. Mary Marvella // November 14, 2010 at 4:10 PM  

    We all must be reminded on occasion to "keep on truckin'" or "keep on keepin' on!"

  10. Mary Marvella // November 14, 2010 at 4:13 PM  

    Afternoon, Mona. You can't go wrong with Maugham.

    I changed a word in the last quote, guess which one?

  11. Mona Risk // November 14, 2010 at 6:57 PM  

    Mary, Mary, how dare you!!! I totally agree.LOL

  12. Mary Marvella // November 14, 2010 at 7:10 PM  

    In deference for our PG rating, of course. I did use both P words and both C words in the pages I wrote Friday and yesterday. Might need them tonight, too.

  13. Mary Ricksen // November 14, 2010 at 9:11 PM  

    Wait What?
    Okay, smiling not puking! Honest!
    But then I can be nauseating.

  14. Mary Marvella // November 15, 2010 at 12:44 AM  

    Hey, Mary R you finally got here!

  15. Mary Marvella // November 15, 2010 at 1:42 AM  

    Hey, Mary R!

  16. Josie // November 16, 2010 at 10:29 AM  

    Mary,
    It's all about karma. Smile. :)

  17. Toni V.S. // November 16, 2010 at 12:32 PM  

    Mr Stallone is surprisingly eloquent. Anyone seeing him on a talk show, in suit and glasses wouldn't recognize him as Rocky Balboa at all!

  18. Barbara Monajem // November 16, 2010 at 12:43 PM  

    Thank you, Mary! My dh and bil both use this one on their emails:

    Those who say it cannot be done shouldn’t interrupt the people doing it.

  19. Mary Marvella // November 16, 2010 at 8:34 PM  

    Joanne, seeing your smile, I have to give one back to you!

  20. Mary Marvella // November 16, 2010 at 8:37 PM  

    You are so right, Toni! Mr, Stallone is more evolved than his movie parts would lead folks to believe.

  21. Mary Marvella // November 16, 2010 at 8:39 PM  

    Excellent quote and advice, Barbara. Hope I made you smile.