Back in Time.
Anyone want to spend a few minutes on a southern plantation around the time of the War of Northern Aggression? I hope the photos here will help you pretend, if you want to.




















Check out the photo on the right. Looks like a ghost story in the making. Play nice boys!



















Sitting by the privy or outhouse (latrine) isn't fun if you remember using an outhouse



Cookhouse

This is the first week in November and it's rainy and cool. Actually there are predictions for snow in the north Georgia Mountains. It could happen. This time last weekend I spent evenings outside, enjoying the old plantation replica. The sky was clear and I could count the stars. I was grateful that we didn't have rain, because the tour isn't called off because of rain, seriously. We worked in the rain last year.

The cookhouse is located in a garden. The flowers there are still blooming and there are cherry tomatoes ripe on their vines.



Imagine being the young lady sitting in front of the mansion.


More photos to follow. Part one was posted earlier, below Mona's post.

10 comments

  1. Scarlet Pumpernickel // November 4, 2010 at 12:40 AM  

    Great pictures MM. I am going to make time to take the ghost tour one year. I wish it was at a different time of year when school was out. Too many things to do and not enough time to do them. Thanks for letting us tag along with you on this tour.

  2. Mary Marvella // November 4, 2010 at 12:42 AM  

    You're always welcome to tag along!

  3. Mona Risk // November 4, 2010 at 8:45 AM  

    Great pictures Mary. I am glad I am living NOW. LOL

  4. Beth Trissel // November 4, 2010 at 8:48 AM  

    kewl. I love the pics.

  5. Nightingale // November 4, 2010 at 10:11 AM  

    Working at the Ghost Tour must have been such a lot of fun. War of Northern Agression. ha ha

  6. Mary Marvella // November 4, 2010 at 12:56 PM  

    Thanks, Mona, I like now, too, The Cook House ad no microwave. And I hated out houses.

  7. Mary Marvella // November 4, 2010 at 12:57 PM  

    Thanks, Beth. I had fun taking them.

  8. Mary Marvella // November 4, 2010 at 12:58 PM  

    It was fun, Linda. Hey, we know it wasn't just a civil war.

  9. Autumn Jordon // November 6, 2010 at 9:19 AM  

    This looks like it was an awesome stroll into the past. I love taking trips like this. It's so fun to discover new things about our ancestors.

  10. Mary Ricksen // November 7, 2010 at 11:57 AM  

    Great pics MM. I would love to see it there. Funny that it's referred to as the Northern war of aggression. Northerners call it the civil war and I never heard that phrase up there. If I have lived in the south for more than half my life, am I now a southerner. Or will I always be a yankee who loves southerners?