Are you too young to remember the tango?

I thought I learned to dance it when I watched my parents as a little girl. But that was not the real thing. Let me show you a few pictures I took during my cruise to South America a few years ago and a two days stay in Buenos Ayres, Argentina. We spent more time in the Tango cafes than visiting Eva Peron's grave or the downtown. Unfortunately I was thick the second day, and spent my time in bed before flying back to the States.

But I attended two tango shows the first day. Thank God!!! A visit to a tango cafe in Buenos Ayres is a must.
Just follow your man!!!

Don't be afraid to bend. He won't drop you.

That's the way to tango, senhora.

Would you like to learn? My husband did. Watch him in the next three pictures enjoying the lesson.

Hmm he learned too fast.

Slow down, man!!

I did NOT approve of this step.

No sir. To think of it I don't like that step at all and he deserves a punishment not a reward!!!Find me an appropriate punishment for him and you will reveive an ebook copy of my latest romance, Rx FOR TRUST, winner of five stars at Readers Favorite.

If you like to travel and love to read, come and enjoy my international romances. I will take you around the world through stories that simmer with emotion and sizzle with heat~

BABIES IN THE BARGAIN, winner of 2009 BEST contemporary romance at READERS FAVORITE and 2009 BEST ROMANCE NOVEL at Preditors & Editors Readers Poll.
Rx FOR TRUST: 5 stars at Readers Favorite.

17 comments

  1. Mary Ricksen // June 11, 2010 at 11:52 AM  

    Mona I loved this. Very funny indeed. Punishment, Hmmmmmm.
    I think punishment is the wrong way to go. But Lack-a-Nookie always works for me.

  2. Mary Marvella // June 11, 2010 at 11:57 AM  

    Wonderful photos. Sexy Sam. Hmmm, maybe get lessons with a HOT guy and make him watch you do steps like that.

  3. Mary Marvella // June 11, 2010 at 11:57 AM  
    This comment has been removed by the author.
  4. Jill James // June 11, 2010 at 1:13 PM  

    Mona, wondeful pictures. Hmmm, punishment. I think you should go tango with Antonio Banderas. That'll show him!!

  5. Mona Risk // June 11, 2010 at 1:53 PM  

    Hey Mary, I have to think about that Lack-a-Nookie. LOL

  6. Mona Risk // June 11, 2010 at 1:54 PM  

    Mary, I like the idea of me learning to tango with a hot guy whether hubby watches or not. LOL

  7. Mona Risk // June 11, 2010 at 1:55 PM  

    Jill, give me Antonia Banderras anytime, with or without tango.

  8. Pamela Varnado // June 11, 2010 at 4:51 PM  

    I'm having a hard time thinking up a punishment. Maybe enjoy a candlelight dinner with him while you're wearing sexy lingerie. Then delay dessert until he begs. Of course, you're the dessert.

  9. Mona Risk // June 11, 2010 at 9:47 PM  

    Oh my Pam, I bet that's srtaight out of a novel.

  10. Caroline Clemmons // June 11, 2010 at 9:52 PM  

    I used to love to dance the tango, but my dear sweet husband has two left feet, so I haven't danced since we started dating. As much as I loved dancing, he is the much better bargain! LOL

  11. Margaret Tanner // June 12, 2010 at 5:32 AM  

    Hi Mona,
    Great pictures. Used to do the tango in my younger days, wouldn't dare try it now in case I snapped in two. The old bones wouldn't be up to it any more.

    Cheers
    Margaret

  12. Mona Risk // June 12, 2010 at 7:54 AM  

    Carolyn, I don't mind doing the tango the easy way but I insist my husband holds well and no bending. I don't intend to break my back.

  13. Mona Risk // June 12, 2010 at 7:55 AM  

    Margaret, try it like a slow if you have a chance. You may surprise yourself.

  14. Nightingale // June 12, 2010 at 2:06 PM  

    Great photos as usual, Mona. As to a punishment, is there anything worthy of such behavior? :-)

  15. Mary Ricksen // June 12, 2010 at 8:19 PM  

    I got to thinking about poor Sam and all he's has already suffered. The only man at a tea house full of gabbing women, my husband would have a stroke.
    Yes, I say cut him some slack. He's a good boy. One of my crazy Aunt's used to say, "you can build up your appetite as long as you eat at home."
    Sam should get a free pass this one time.
    And you need three lessons too...

  16. Josie // June 12, 2010 at 11:36 PM  

    Fun and interesting post, Mona. Wasn't there a movie a few years ago about a Tango starring Al Pacino?

  17. Judith Keim // June 13, 2010 at 12:35 PM  

    Mona, such a fun post! It's so wonderful that you and your husband have been able to travel together to so many interesting places.