BECOME AN AWARD WINNING AUTHOR

Posted by Patrice Wilton | 10:37 AM | 9 comments »

Hi everyone,
I am blogging today about a wonderful contest and opportunity to have your book reviewed and grab the attention of book stores, publishers, libraries, and readers, which can also help in increased sales! The contest I refer to is the 2010 READERS FAVORITE AWARD CONTEST. There is only two weeks left to enter, and there is 4 awards for over 40 different genre categories, giving you a great chance to become an Award Winning author. I entered this contest last year and won silver for my unpublished manuscript ALL OF ME, which is still making the New York rounds. Our fabulous Mona Risk won gold for BABIES IN THE BARGAIN, beating me out in the single contemporary category. Yeah, Mona! We both received gorgeous Award seal stickers to attach to our books (when mine gets published!) and an award certificate, reviews posted on their site and on Amazon, and evaluation notes from the jurors. Oh, and did I mention the Awards Banquet in Las Vegas in November for the winners and finalists? They will be announced, presented at a luncheon at one of the largest book fairs in the world, also a wonderful networking opportunity.
So, what do you have to lose? Remember there is only two weeks left to enter, so hurry now.
I wish you all the very best.
Patrice

http://readersfavorite.com/

9 comments

  1. Barbara Monajem // June 15, 2010 at 4:51 PM  

    Sounds like a great contest! Thanks for the info, Patrice.

  2. Mary Marvella // June 15, 2010 at 4:58 PM  

    Cool! Sounds like a good way to get started on the road to publication.

  3. Beth Trissel // June 15, 2010 at 6:19 PM  

    Interesting Patrice. They need this contest for e-books because Somewhere My Lass, my new release, is only out in digital book form.

  4. Mary Ricksen // June 15, 2010 at 7:31 PM  

    Oh well if you guys are entering I haven't a chance!
    But it sure sounds interesting. I'll check it out. Thanks Patrice!

  5. Patrice // June 15, 2010 at 8:01 PM  

    Beth,
    Check it out. They take ebooks, manuscripts, everything! It's a good deal as far as I can see. Now, I just need to publish the book so I can use those pretty stickers!

  6. Mona Risk // June 15, 2010 at 10:22 PM  

    Patrice, thank you for mentioning my name. I was thrilled when I heard that Babies in the Bargain won the 2009 Best Contemporary romance of the Year. I don't think I will go to Las Vegas although it's tempting. I hope your winning story get published soon.

  7. Scarlet Pumpernickel // June 15, 2010 at 11:14 PM  

    Thanks for sharing. I wasn't aware they took unpublished manuscripts. Interesting information.

  8. Josie // June 20, 2010 at 11:06 AM  

    This sounds like a great contest, Patrice. Thanks for sharing the info.

  9. Nancy J. Cohen // June 22, 2010 at 10:07 AM  

    Thanks for the tip, Patrice. I'll check it out!