Inspiration

Posted by Jianne Carlo | 9:17 AM | 8 comments »

I’m supposed to blog about inspiration today and I will, but a different type of inspiration. Our Mary Ricksen, a PFS stalwart, who is a source of continuing inspiration to us all.

I first met Mary at a Florida Romance Writer’s meeting a few years ago. We were paired as critique buddies and exchanged manuscripts in the early stages of development. Mary had one goal - to get her novel, “Tripping Through Time,” published.

Never have I seen anyone approach an objective with such dogged determination. Believe me; the two of us went through, together, tons of rejections, harsh criticisms, and off-hand dismissals. She never gave up, not once. And Mary took advice with the proverbial grain of salt knowing instinctively what was true to her story and refusing to surrender when so many individuals tried to change her voice.

Mary’s on her second book in the series Time Can Heal Your Heart, Burned Into Time now, and that's due to be published soon.

During the last couple of months she’s had a couple of health hiccups, and all of us here at PFS are rooting for her return to perfect health.

We’re proud of you, Mary; you’re an inspiration to us all!

Cheers,

Jianne

8 comments

  1. Autumn Jordon // June 30, 2010 at 10:01 AM  

    You are so right. Mary is our engerizer bunny. She is an icon of true friendship. I hope you fell better real soon, Mary.

  2. Barbara Monajem // June 30, 2010 at 10:06 AM  

    I've never met Mary, but I hope to do so soon. She's so warm and inspiring and kind. Get well, Mary!

  3. Judith Keim // June 30, 2010 at 11:10 AM  

    Jianne, how lovely. I, too, have yet to meet Mary but I hope to do so sometime. Critique partners become very close and blog members, too. It's a very special thing. I'm wishing Mary the best of everything--good health, more and more books and much success.

  4. Pamela Varnado // June 30, 2010 at 12:40 PM  

    We can read books and quotes for inspiration, but nothing works as well as having someone by you side who understands what you're trying to do. Mary is an inspiration to all of us. Get well soon, Mary.

  5. Mona Risk // June 30, 2010 at 5:10 PM  

    Mary is a dear friend always ready to help. I hope she gets better soon.

  6. Mary Marvella // June 30, 2010 at 10:51 PM  

    Jianne! I've been gone all day and was late checking on out blog. You made me tear up and I know Mary R will be touched when she reds this.

    You're right. Our Mary is kind and giving and inspiring. She loves you, two.

  7. Mary Ricksen // July 2, 2010 at 12:43 PM  

    You fill my heart to bursting.
    I just discovered this today and I cannot tell you how much you all mean to me.
    Jianne will always hold a special place in my heart. I learned a lot from her and will probably, hopefully, learn more. I love you J.
    The kind comments all of you made, has made everything worthwhile. I never knew anyone cared so much and I am so grateful for it, words cannot explain...

  8. Josie // July 2, 2010 at 3:35 PM  

    I've never met Mary, but hope to have the opportunity one day. Here's to your health. Hope you're feeling better every day.