No, it isn't a new candy bar put out by the Mars Candy Company. It's a new feature on the Snickers candy bar. On the back of each wrapper, there is a word...or a slogan...coined just for the occasion. This one, as you can see, is Bar Hunger, which is a witty play on words. Eating a Snickers bar will certainly banish those hunger pangs, even if briefly. And absolutely No Calories!!!

Inside each wrapper is a definition of the word on the back. The last bar I bought held the word "peanutopolis," meaning " a state of well-being and power, such as you would have if you were the mayor of a city"--or words to that effect. I'm paraphrasing here because I'm so sated with chocolate right now, I can't think straight.

Chocolate eaters of the world, unite! Eat those Snickers bars and improve your vocabulary! Now please excuse me while I snatch that yummy little bar off my computer desk and bar my own hunger!

3 comments

  1. Mary Marvella // August 10, 2009 at 3:37 PM  

    Now I have a better excuse to eat those tempting bars! Thanks, Toni.

  2. Nightingale // August 10, 2009 at 5:04 PM  

    Chocolate and vocabulary -- the tools of every writer.

  3. Josie // August 12, 2009 at 3:04 PM  

    Can I admit that I crave (and eat) a chocolate bar almost every day?