We are avid readers who enjoyed books since a tender age. Our pink fuzzy slippers warming our feet, we love to snuggle in front of a cozy fire and immerse ourselves in a beautiful romance.

We are dreamers who rearrange the present, linger in the past, jump into the future, or keep bouncing between centuries. Some of us travel to fairy words they create or change their human appearances while a few share their experience in soul-lifting stories.

We are writers who weave love stories, challenge our characters with obstacles and conflicts but grant them a happy ever after when they reached the goals we set for them.

Come and meet us:

Mary Marvella:
I am the blog Mama (Moderator sounds so formal.) of the Pink Fuzzy Slipper Writers blog and I have completed novels in paranormal romance, romantic suspense, women’s fiction, and good old contemporary romances: The Gift, Protective Instincts, The cost of Deception, Protecting Melissa, Haunting Refrain, Cheerleader Dad, Margo's Choices, Forever Love, The Demon's Daughters (Sisters Four)


~~I live in Georgia. After teaching English/language arts and working as a school counselor, I became a story teller, a writer and a tutor. I have beautiful daughter, handsome son-in-law, and 2 grand dogs.


Linda Nightingale:



I write paranormal romances. Black Swan released February 25 from The Wild Rose Press.


Originally, this story—or part thereof—was written for an anthology called Loving the Undead, but it was rejected with a nice note saying that it wasn't quite what she had in mind. The characters walked on stage to tell me about being Black Swans, mortals who submit to the vampire's kiss to experience euphoria and sexual ecstasies. At birth, Black Swan had a twin story. My wonderful editor, Callie Lynn Wolfe, told me I had one story, and with her help, the Black Swan and Swan Song became one spicy vampire story.


Beth Trissel:
I'm an award winning historical/light paranormal romance author. I have four releases out with the Wild Rose Press: Somewhere My Love, Daughter of the Wind, Enemy of the King and Through the Fire, were all voted Best Book of The Week at the Long & Short Reviews and are bestsellers at TWRP. Through the Fire was nominated for Golden Heart award. Somewhere My Love, was winner of Preditor's & Editor's Readers Poll.


~~Married to my high school sweetheart, I live on a farm in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia with children and multiple animals. The beauty of the valley and surrounding mountains are my inspiration, as are my roots which go well back into Virginia's history.


Joanne Barnada aka Josie Riviera:
I write historical, 80,000-100,000 word manuscripts. Fatal Fortune, Fatal Flaw and Fatal Fascination, my current whip. The manuscripts are set in the Tudor era, with a young King Henry VIII on the throne, and were carefully researched for Gypsy traditions, superstitions, spells, and language. Fatal Fortune has won the Virginia Fool for Love, the prestigious Golden Pen, and the Dixie First. Fatal Flaw has won the Golden Acorn, the Wallflower, and is currently a final in the FTH Golden Gateway.


~~When I am not writing, I am teaching at my music school, tending to my Ebay music store, "A Grand Time," finding "Deals of the Day," and ferrying my "model" teenage daughter to her modeling auditions and jobs. I've been married to my wonderful husband for 34 years. We are northern upstate NY transplants now living in sunny and warm South Carolina. We also have two adult sons, both professional musicians, who thankfully live near us.


Mona Risk:
My romantic suspense novels are published by Cerridwen Press: To Love A Hero, set in exotic Belarus and French Peril, set in the historical Loire Valley. I also write sweet and spicy medical romances, published by The Wild Rose Press: Babies in the Bargain, was voted Best Book of The Week at the Long & Short Reviews and is a bestseller at TWRP, and Rx for Trust is due in December.

~~A former chemist and Analytical Director of an environmental company I visited over fifty countries on vacation or business trips and I love to set my stories in the foreign places I enjoyed. I have been married to my hero for many years. Now that our son and daughter are married and have their own families, my husband and I settled in sunny Fort Lauderdale but often visit with our four adorable grandchildren. Recently, I have been spending my days next to my sick mother writing, editing my new manuscripts or answering emails and blogs. When I can spare a moment for myself, I swim in the ocean.


Barbara Monajem:
My paranormal romance, Sunrise in a Garden of Love and Evil, will be published by Dorchester Publishing next spring. Recently, I sold a historical short story to Harlequin, which will also come out next year. I have won several writing awards, including the Daphne du Maurier, the Jasmine, and the Maggie, and am currently at work on more paranormal and historical romances.

~~Now my kids are adults. I live in Georgia with an ever-shifting population of relatives, friends, and feline strays.


Mary Ricksen:
I write paranormal romance, Tripping Through Time is published by The Wild Rose Press and was a bestseller. The sequel, Burned Into Time, is due next year. Love, happiness, a little bit of magic, and a hunky hero with a happily-ever-after ending is my favorite thing to read or to write. Especially if they are time travel.

~~ I live in Florida, but love Vermont and North Carolina in the mountains and animals, horses, cows, and critters who live in the wild. Small town life is my future haven after big city madness. I made up my mind that someday I’d be back in the country, even in just in her books.


Dayanna Knight:
I picked up a pen at a very young age and kept going with it. Love all things paranormal and gothic. I have several published works including poetry, short stories, craft articles, and novels. Curse of the Marhime, Eternal Obsession, Bestial Cravings, published at The Wild Rose Press. Eternal Obsession earned a perfect review and Bestial Cravings was a bestseller at TWRP.


~~I live in sunny Florida and juggle a fulltime job and writing.


Judy Keim:
I started out writing children's stories for magazines before turning to women's fiction and bigger children's stories. The following are three stories that were published: Jonathan's Great Idea - Children's Playmate ; The Easter Pig - Jack and Jill; The Secret of the Red Wagon - Highlights for Children . Land of Fire and Ice: The first book in a series of books about Agor, a young boy who lives in a primitive land of long ago. Summer in Mossy Creek, Belle Books; Chicken Soup to Inspire a Woman's Soul, Stories Celebrating the Wisdom, Fun and Freedom of Midlife.


~~Presently I live in Florida, with my husband Peter. We've been married many years, have two sons and two granddaughters, and have enjoyed a good life together. We've had the opportunity to do quite a bit of traveling and, always, I've been amazed at the beauty of the world. Simple things, like the sound of ringing cow bells falling down the mountains in Switzerland or gazing at the flowers in my own back yard, bring me great joy. It is this idea of the magic of it all, the logic of it all, that I hope comes through in my stories and touches the child in each of my readers, young and old.


Jianne Carlo:
I love writing sensual romances where East meets West, cultures collide, passion sizzles… Available at Loose-id, Manacled in Monaco, Notorious in Nice and White Wolf are set in Mediterranean cities and have earned raving reviews. D is for Desire, T is for Temptation are published by Siren Publishing.


~~I went to college in Canada where I met my own hero. We married and raised three wonderful sons and live in sunny Florida. I work as a software expert during the day and write at night and whenever I can steal time.

Toni V. Sweeney:
My friends say I am a prolific writer!! Here are the books I wrote under my own name:
Spacedogs' Best Friend; The Rose and the Dragon; Dragon in Chains; Murder in Old Blood; Bloodseek (Book One of the Chronicles of Riven the Heretic)Blood Curse (Book Two of the Chronicles of Riven the Heretic)Sinbad's Last Voyage (Book One of the Adventures of Sinbad) (audio and print)Sinbad's Wife (Books Two of the Adventures of Sinbad)Walk the Shadow Trail (Audio and print)Vengeance from Eden (audio and print)Blood Sin (Book One of the kan Ingan Archives)"Love, Vampire Style"; "Demon in Blue Jeans"; Serpent's Tooth (TBA)numerous short stories for amazon.com/Shorts and assorted magazines

I also write under Icy Snow. Here are Icy Snow’s Books: The Irish Lady's Spanish Lover;Three Moon Station; Jericho Road; Earthman's Bride (winner of the 2009 "Reveal Your Inner Vixen" award for best alternate/fantasy romance, by Missouri Romance Writers Association (MORWA); When the Condor Returned (TBA); Bargain with Lucifer (TBA)

~~I was born on a Sunday--Married on Saturday, gave birth on a Friday, divorced on a Thursday-- Moved to Nebraska on a Monday, to California on a Friday, back to NE on a Wednesday-- Signed my first book contract on a Tuesday, my last on a Sunday,and that's the story of Toni V. Sweeney.

9 comments

  1. Mary Marvella // August 24, 2009 at 2:55 AM  

    What a fine job, Mona! We are an interesting group of writers, aren't we. Can't wait to see the rest of us.

  2. Toni V.S. // August 24, 2009 at 1:17 PM  

    Thanx for the two paragraphs, Mona. It's an idiosyncrasy of mine that I don't like these sort of things because they sound like bragging (but so does a promo, though that's a necessary evil). You can see that the list of books is longer than the story of my life, which can be summed up in one sentence. Still, thanx for making it as easy as possible.

  3. Mona Risk // August 24, 2009 at 3:03 PM  

    I learned a lot about our friends while searching their books and bio. I didn't know that Judy wrote children's book and a Chicken Soup, that Toni had written so many stories, that Barbara is a NY published author (wooohooo Barbara).

  4. Author Roast and Toast // August 24, 2009 at 7:09 PM  

    What a wonderful group of talented, intelligent and lovely women. What a great blog. What fantastic books. thank goodness they let me it!

    Wonderful group ladies. There are just a couple of us who will get a later spotlight.

    Thanks for making us look so good Mona.

  5. Beth Trissel // August 24, 2009 at 8:40 PM  

    Wooo hoooo! Super job with this, Mona.

  6. Dayana // August 25, 2009 at 7:38 AM  

    Thank you, Mona. Wonderful job. Sorry I missed the call for info but I'll divulge a bit more for you here:)

    I like Mary Ricksen live in sunny southern Florida and began writing at the tender age of 11.

    I spend my free time writing, reading, gardening and just enjoying life with my wonderful DH of twenty-six years and my beautiful little Sheltie, Bea. I keep two freshwater aquariums one of which houses a plecotamus, named Bubba, who started out no more that an inch and a half and is now over seventeen inches long. He's enjoyed four condos this last one a 75 gallon tank!

    Anyway, what a wonderful way to learn abit more about each other. Thanks again, Mona. You are the best~

    Just thought I'd add a little bit more info to the mix:)

    Dayana~

  7. Josie // August 26, 2009 at 4:02 PM  

    Thank you, Mona. I loved the blogs on all the fellow Fuzzies.

  8. Nightingale // August 26, 2009 at 5:56 PM  

    Great job Mona!

  9. Patrice // November 2, 2009 at 1:47 PM  

    Great post, Mona. It's nice to get to know all you ladies.
    Patrice