Key Lime Cake

Posted by Judith Keim | 11:02 AM | 15 comments »

Residents of sunny Florida and guests alike are well acquainted with Key Lime Pie. Key Lime Cake is a refreshing twist, perfect for birthday or friendly gatherings. It’s easy to make and has all the ingredients that make any recipe yummy—sugar, butter eggs! Enjoy!
CAKE
1 1/2 Cups Sugar
2 Cups Flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
5 eggs
1 1/3 Cups Vegetable oil
3/4 Cups Orange Juice
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp lemon extract
1 3-ounce box Lime Jello
LIME MIX
1/3 Cup Lime Juice (or use Realime)
1/3 Cup powdered sugar
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
8oz Cream Cheese
1 Stick Butter
1tsp Vanilla extract
2 Cups Powdered Sugar
Blend all ingredients with a mixer
Mix cake ingredients together until well blended. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes. Mix the powdered sugar & lime juice (lime mix) and set aside. Once you remove the cake from the oven, poke holes in the top with a fork. Pour the Lime Mix over the cake and let cool. Frost with Cream Cheese frosting.

15 comments

  1. Anonymous // March 8, 2009 at 11:54 AM  

    Oh no...Just what I need...my diet is dead with this one! It sounds wonderful.

  2. Mary Ricksen // March 8, 2009 at 3:47 PM  

    Sounds yummy. My other half would eat the whole thing and go into sugar shock. He loves key lime pie.

  3. Tami Brothers // March 8, 2009 at 3:53 PM  

    Hi Pink Fuzzy Slipper Ladies!!!

    I just wanted to let you know that your blog was nominated for an award by the ladies at Petit Fours and Hot Tamales. If you want to play along, you can read about it at http://petitfoursandhottamales.blogspot.com/search/label/Awards. Whether you accept or not, we do thank you and your blog for sharing such wonderful information.

    Have a great day.

    Tami Brothers
    (one of the 19 authors at http://petitfoursandhottamales.blogspot.com/)

  4. Scarlet Pumpernickel // March 8, 2009 at 5:54 PM  

    Well, there you go! The best recipes are always posted when I'n trying to diet! Will save this one for later, when I can enjoy!

    Thanks for the recipe.

    Scarlet

  5. Barbara Monajem // March 8, 2009 at 7:08 PM  

    Oh, wow. What a fabulous cake. I love key lime pie, but I'm hopeless at making pie crust, so this is the recipe for me!

  6. Nightingale // March 8, 2009 at 8:00 PM  

    I love key lime pie! Now I have to find someone willing to take this recipe and make me one. Thanks!

  7. Mary Marvella // March 8, 2009 at 9:54 PM  

    OMIGOD! Sounds like another word for SIN!

  8. Mary Marvella // March 8, 2009 at 9:55 PM  

    Linda, make the Brit want it and he can make it.

  9. Mary Marvella // March 8, 2009 at 9:58 PM  

    Thanks, Tami! Love the Petit Fours and Hot Tamales ladies!

  10. MAGolla // March 9, 2009 at 7:43 AM  

    OH, YUM! I'll keep this recipe for after Easter--I gave up sweets for Lent, along with coffee. :-(

  11. Judith Keim // March 9, 2009 at 8:21 AM  

    Thanks everyone for all the comments. It's such a good group!

  12. Josie // March 9, 2009 at 9:03 AM  

    Great recipe. This is a keeper. I'm trying it out next weekend. My friend has a wonderful saying: "I you want to stay fat, you've got to eat!" :)

  13. Tamara LeBlanc // March 9, 2009 at 2:15 PM  

    Yummy!!!
    Have a nice adfternoon,
    Tamara

  14. Beth Trissel // March 9, 2009 at 9:23 PM  

    This recipe looks wonderful.

  15. Judith Keim // March 10, 2009 at 8:34 AM  

    Joanne, I love your friend!