Thursday, March 11, 2009

Howdy! I'm home from Florida but I've still got a few pictures I haven't had a chance to share. So, today's post is bits and pieces from Florida.

These are flowers brought by Lee Duncan to a dinner party I held. Pictures of the cook-out are below.
One of my friend, Kristen Painter, had recently sold her first book to Angela James at Samhain Publishers. What a great excuse reason for a party! The ice cream cake from Brusters was wonderful.


Kristen Painter with her cake (And Roxanne St. Claire trying to get in the picture!)

Roxanne St. Claire (Oh no, that's not a huge bottle of wine!)

Lara Santiago and Lee Duncan

These distinguished gentlemen are our spouses. I won't say who goes with who. I'll let you try to figure that out.


Some time ago, (January) I posted a blog with pictures of the wonderful variety of golf carts at The Great Outdoors Resort in Titusville, Fl. (I've linked to that blog in case you missed it.) At that time, someone (I think it was Kristen Painter) wanted a Jeep cart. Someone else wanted a Rolls Royce. I drove around until I could meet these requests! LOL

First up is a '57 Chevy. Isn't it wonderful? The day I took the pictures, the weather was a little chilly, so the side panels were down. Didn't distract from the cuteness.

Front

Rear


Next up for Kristen is a Jeep, a red Jeep Wrangler to be exact! It's for sale but I never had the nerve to ask "How Much?" Probably between $10K-$15k. Shocking, huh?



Last, but not least was the golf cart version of the Rolls Royce. This is an older car but maybe the most unusual styling and features.





But the outside style was only the start. I had to climb inside to take pictures of some of the unique features of this car.


See the two switches? The upper one is for the windshield wipers. The bottom on is for the AIR CONDITIONER! There is an A/C vent to the right.


There was a sunroof that actually opened to allow a breeze in while you drive.


Behind the seats is an ice cooler.

I'm glad to be home, but I look forward to going back next year! Hope you enjoyed all my pictures this year.

Until Next Time

13 comments

  1. MAGolla // March 12, 2009 at 10:13 AM  

    Great post, Cyndi! Thanks for sharing. Is this the inside of your RV? Wow, it looks huge!
    Glad to have you back!

  2. Anonymous // March 12, 2009 at 10:48 AM  

    Picture is NOT inside of RV but that's a good idea. I'll do a post on that some day. This is the inside of the small room that we had use of while we were in FL

  3. Mona Risk // March 12, 2009 at 1:39 PM  

    Cindy, these carts are adorable.
    It looks like you had a blast at your party.

  4. Mary Marvella // March 12, 2009 at 2:24 PM  

    Hey, Cyndi! Looks like you had a good time and hung out with some (strange) I mean interesting people.

    The carts are too cute for words.

    Thank for sharing and making me want to see the carts close up.

  5. Beth Trissel // March 12, 2009 at 8:33 PM  

    Enjoyed your post, Cyndi. Love the pics. I am in the dark as to which guy goes with which gal. But everyone looked great to me. And so relaxed, to follow back to Mona's post.

  6. Anonymous // March 12, 2009 at 8:41 PM  

    Thanks everyone for visiting. Florida was a wonderful time this year.

  7. Nightingale // March 12, 2009 at 8:50 PM  

    I'll take the Rolls golf cart. Where were these when I lived on a horse farm and needed a golf cart with class? Thanks for sharing.

  8. Scarlet Pumpernickel // March 12, 2009 at 9:55 PM  

    Cyndi,
    Looks like you had a ball in Florida! Nice break from the cold weather. But we're glad you're home safe! Love the "cars," they are really popular, aren't they.

    Scarlet

  9. Edie Ramer // March 12, 2009 at 10:33 PM  

    Cyndi, the party looked like a blast. How fun to have the guys there too.

    Congrats to you friend, Kristen, on her first sale!

  10. Mary Ricksen // March 12, 2009 at 11:13 PM  

    What a great blog Cyndi. From the golf carts, to the RV, to the husbands.
    I'm glad you had such a good time!
    And I hope next time is even better!
    It is Florida, and this is the place to be in the winter.

  11. Josie // March 13, 2009 at 8:31 AM  

    Your post is great, Cyndi. My DH is an avid golfer. Love the pictures of all the golf carts. Looks like you had a wonderful time in Florida.

  12. Leigh Duncan // March 13, 2009 at 8:52 AM  

    Cyndi, it was a great party! You're the perfect hostess. We want you back in sunny Florida...now!

  13. Judith Keim // March 14, 2009 at 10:42 AM  

    What fun, Cyndi. Thanks for sharing!