Hello everyone! I hope your weekend has been restful and relaxing. I had a great time hanging out here and thank you for your warm welcome and participation while I visited. I look forward to the next time:)

Donna asked about writing from the hero's POV as opposed to the heroine.

I don't see any reason why not. After all, the primary character can be either the male or female as long as it is truly a romance--preferably hot and spicy:)

Mary Ricksen asked about First Person POV.

In my opinion first person is fine as long as the author has a firm grip on consistency. It is very easy to slip in and out of first person to third person *grin* First person writing is much more personal and you only see the entire project from one POV. I prefer third but have contracted and edited some very well-written first person novels.

Scarlett asked whether I work my edits from the computer or hardcopy.

I work from my laptop always. I use track changes which is much easier to read than a red pen all over a hardcopy manuscript:) At least to me it seems cleaner. I did, however, receive a full manuscript submission by snail mail and did work that one with the trusty red pen and a handfull of highlighters.

Ah well...

time for the drawing.

drum roll please...

stirs entries around and flips them with fingers while eyes are averted away:)

And the winner is...

SCARLETT!!

Congratulations, Scarlett:)
Please contact me privately, and we'll work out your free edit of any five pages of your WIP or any manuscript you like.

I hope to see submissions dropping into my mailbox from any or all of you. Stay well and keep writing.

Callie Lynn Wolfe
Senior Editor, Black Rose Line
The Wild Rose Press
callielynnwrp@aol.com

7 comments

  1. Nightingale // March 15, 2009 at 10:07 PM  

    Thanks for sharing your editorial preferences. Contrats Scarlett. You'll be delighted with Callie's suggestions.

  2. Mary Marvella // March 15, 2009 at 10:20 PM  

    Scarlett was so excited she yelled to me on IM!

    Fabu job, our resident editor! You rock.

    Mama Mary

  3. Mary Ricksen // March 15, 2009 at 10:25 PM  

    Yay Scarlett, good for you! Callie knows what she is doing!
    Thanks for the insight Callie and we are so glad to have you here.

    First person seems like it would be harder to show emotions of secondary characters. But I have read some great first person books too!

  4. Beth Trissel // March 15, 2009 at 11:01 PM  

    Editorial preferences are always good to know. :) Thanks. We Fuzzies much appreciate your tips.

  5. Callie Lynn // March 15, 2009 at 11:03 PM  

    Thank you again. I really enjoyed doing this.

    Best to you all:)

    Callie

  6. Edie Ramer // March 15, 2009 at 11:27 PM  

    Callie, your posts were very interesting, Callie. Thanks for sharing!

  7. Anonymous // March 16, 2009 at 2:58 AM  

    DARN. I wanted that 5 page crit. Maybe next time

    Congrats Scarlet!

    You were fantastic Callie!