Oops!!!

Posted by Mona Risk | 8:20 PM | | 7 comments »

I was supposed to post a blog on Friday. Can you believe I completely forgot?

It was noted in my calendar and in the Pink Fuzzy Slippers calendar, but I was so engrossed in editing my last book and trying to meet my editor’s deadline, I didn’t check any calendars or to-do lists. I just remained glued to my chair and focused only on my edits.

I have always heard that writers’ distraction was a legendary thing. My father was a published writer. We often teased him about his forgetfulness. I never thought I would be walking in his shoes one day.









How many writers go through the same?


Can you take this test?


1- Have you ever forgotten to go to a party you were invited to?


2- Have you ever worn two different- colored shoes?


3-Have you ever locked yourself out of your house? Your car?


4-Have you ever drove out of your garage and ten minutes later wondered if you've closed the garage door?


5-Have you ever left on a trip, and half an hour later turned around to check if you really unplugged your iron, or curling iron, or turned off the oven?


6- Do you always return your missed phone messages?


7-How often do you forget to call your mother, your friends, ...?


8- Do you respond to your emails as soon as received?


9-Have you lost a ring or other piece of jewelry for months and then discovered you have just hidden it in a safe place and completely forgotten about it?


10-How long do you look for papers you know you filed?


11-And the worst of them all for us writers, did you ever have a computer crash and bit your fingers because you forgot to back up your files?
I plead guilty to all of the above, except for #2, that was my Dad's.
Have fun and take the test. To how many did you answer yes?

7 comments

  1. Mary Marvella // February 7, 2009 at 11:29 PM  

    Have you been watching me? Reading my mind? One of my highest test scores.

  2. Edie Ramer // February 7, 2009 at 11:45 PM  

    I think you've been watching me too. Once I was on my way to work and about a quarter mile from my house I realized I was wearing my houseslippers. I had to go home and change into my shoes.

  3. Scarlet Pumpernickel // February 8, 2009 at 2:09 AM  

    Well, all I can say is, in the words of Garfield, "I resemble that remark!"
    Way too many yeses, including number two. Got to work, noticed it and drove back home. Boss said I should have just come on in to work, no one would have noticed! NOT!

    Scarlet

  4. Mona Risk // February 8, 2009 at 7:50 AM  

    I am reading and laughing, and feeling reassured. I am not the only forgetful person in this group. Welcome to the club, Mary, Edie and Scarlet. Hey, maybe it's a sign we are good writers, living too much in our stories and not enough in our down-to-earth world.

  5. Nightingale // February 8, 2009 at 11:04 AM  

    I scored high!

  6. Mary Ricksen // February 8, 2009 at 3:52 PM  

    Well I'm in a heap of trouble. I plead guilty except to the shoe thing. I don't have a lot of shoes, so that one I don't need to worry about.
    The worst thing is when I put something in a safe place and forget where. Or in the middle of a conversation, I forget what I was gonna say.
    I'll bet I beat you Linda. At least I did well on one test in my life!

  7. Beth Trissel // February 9, 2009 at 7:03 PM  

    Oh man, do I totally hear you. I had promised some blog/writer before Christmas to do an interview/post with them in mid-January and then forgot who. I emailed various blogs asking if it was them. And it wasn't, but they kindly offered to host me. I wasn't looking to guest blog just hated to miss my commitment. Finally I got an email from the appropriate party apologizing. Seems they forgot. :)