My Bed's Too Crowded

Posted by Anonymous | 11:04 PM | , | 5 comments »

Many bodies sleep in your bed? You? A Spouse? A child? In my world, it should be just me and my husband. We have a king size bed. It SHOULD be adequate, shouldn't it? Except, last night I found my leg and arm hanging off the bed. Why? I had no room. See the picture? That's my "baby." Her name is Jill. She is a Flat Coated Retriever. She THINKS she's a 9 or 10 pound lap dog. She weighs closer to 90, but does that stop her from being a lap dog? No. Of course not.

Last night, she was the bed dog. At one point, I woke up and she was using my stomach for a pillow! But look at that sweet face.

I have to be honest...she's like sleeping with a 1500 watt heater! She's great on a cold night!
Anyone else have a bed heater dog?

5 comments

  1. Scarlet Pumpernickel // February 12, 2009 at 11:35 PM  

    We have a Pom and she is definitely a heater! She loves to climb into bed with me. She usually sleeps with the daughter, but will follow me if her mommie isn't in the mood to go to bed!

    Scarlet

  2. Mary Marvella // February 13, 2009 at 1:05 AM  

    Oh, yeah! I stay with my daughter's Schnauzers when she and her husband travel. Both sleep with their "granny".

    I tried to avoid sleeping with the dogs, but they would have none of it. I finally gave in. Neither is to lay a doggie head on my pillow or sleep with a doggy backside near my face.

    They do make the bed hot.

  3. Edie Ramer // February 13, 2009 at 1:09 AM  

    Is she a sweetie. That's a great face!

    My cat sleeps with me sometimes, and it's amazing how much space a six-pound cat can take up. My friend sleeps with two Irish wolfhounds. I don't know how she does it.

  4. MAGolla // February 13, 2009 at 8:06 AM  

    Our sheepdog becomes an afghan throw in the winter--she's not allowed on the bed, and couldn't get on it if she tried (it's raised)!
    My kitty used to be a chest warmer for me (not good for my asthma), but the old boy now sleeps in the laundry room all the time--it's the warmest room in the house. Talk about being in heaven when the dryer is going! Massaging vibrations and warmth, nothin' better.

  5. Anonymous // February 13, 2009 at 9:02 AM  

    Margaret - vibrator and a warm room. HAHAHAHA You bad girl!