The cop got out of his car and the kid who was stopped for speeding rolled down his window. 'I've been waiting for you all day,' the cop said. The kid replied, 'Yeah, well I got here as fast as I could.' When the cop finally stopped laughing, he sent the kid on his way without a ticket.


Bah-da-boom!
A truck driver was driving along on the freeway. A sign comes up that reads, 'Low Bridge overhead.' Before he knows it,the bridge is right ahead of him and he gets stuck under the bridge. Cars are backed up for miles. Finally, a police car comes up. The cop gets out of his car and walks to the truck driver, puts his hands on his hips and says, 'Got stuck, huh?' The truck driver says, 'No, I was delivering this bridge and ran out of gas.'


10 comments

  1. Beth Trissel // February 28, 2008 at 1:04 PM  

    Bah-da-boom indeed! Very funny.

  2. Beth Trissel // February 28, 2008 at 9:31 PM  

    Hey, Linda, is that Morgan's car?

  3. Unknown // February 29, 2008 at 12:04 AM  

    Cute jokes. I liked the speeding teenager one.

  4. Nightingale // February 29, 2008 at 9:19 AM  

    Beth, that is Morgan's car! Wouldn't you like to take a ride in that baby? When I get rich and famous (tomorrow), I'm going to buy a Jaguar XKE 2.5L Roadster and pretend he's beside me! ha ha

  5. Nightingale // February 29, 2008 at 9:20 AM  

    Georgie, I liked that one too. We need to file that away for future reference though I doubt I could get away with it!

  6. Beth Trissel // February 29, 2008 at 9:25 AM  

    I saw the car and did a double take, sayng to myself, "Hey! That's Morgan's!"
    For those of you who don't know, Morgan is an exceedingly kewl vampire hero in Linda's writings. A 17th century cavalier/concert pianist/all around clas act.

  7. Nightingale // February 29, 2008 at 4:32 PM  

    Beth, Morgan sends hugs! :-)

    Thanks for introducing him. That is the car that he jumps off the Cooper River Bridge.

  8. Beth Trissel // February 29, 2008 at 10:10 PM  

    I remembered that scene, Linda, and felt for Morgan as his much loved car sank in the muddy waters.

  9. Nightingale // March 2, 2008 at 12:26 PM  

    Maybe he missed his car more than Isabeau!

  10. Mary Marvella // March 3, 2008 at 1:59 AM  

    That would be just like a man!