Deb Julienne shares her Thanksgiving recipes. 
Watergate Salad
This first recipe is a delightful fruit salad. What’s great about it is that we serve it with our Thanksgiving dinner and we also eat it as a dessert.
Watergate Salad (It’s not what it appears to be)
1 pkg pistachio pudding mix
1 can pineapple chunks in its own juices
1 cup marsh mellows
1 cup macadamia nuts halves
1 giant container of cool whip
1 cup pineapple chunks
Pour pudding mix in a mixing bowl, open pineapple and drain all the liquid into the bowl, (no fruit), whisk until well mixed. Fold in the cool whip, it will be a pretty shade of pale mint green when done. Fold in marsh mellows. Fold in Macadamia nuts. Fold in 1 cup of pineapple chunks. Pour into your serving dish, making sure it’s completely blended, and place in fridge for 2 hours. This is a fabulous and easy salad to make for any dinner, not just Thanksgiving.
I like to decorate the top with a small dollop of whip cream dead center. then alternate a marshmellow and a macadamia nut have around the edge...and a maraschino cherry on the whip cream. And I usually serve it in a clear crystal bowl so the color can show through.

8 comments

  1. Paisley Kirkpatrick // November 12, 2013 at 12:59 PM  

    We love this salad - daughter Kristen would be devastated if she couldn't have it maybe not Thanksgiving but most certainly Christmas. It's green!

  2. Mary Marvella // November 12, 2013 at 3:07 PM  

    It looks delicious! I'll have to share it with my daughter!

  3. Mona Risk // November 12, 2013 at 3:07 PM  

    This looks delicious. I ate once somewhere and loved it. I'm printing your recipe.

  4. debjulienne // November 12, 2013 at 3:19 PM  

    I've seen variations of this...but this version is the one I like best. My FIL loved it and had to have it for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

  5. Barbara Monajem // November 13, 2013 at 6:24 PM  

    Oh, yum!!

  6. Scarlet Pumpernickel // November 13, 2013 at 10:36 PM  

    This is one of my favorite non-salad, salad! I love it. I'd lost my recipe, thanks for sharing it. I will put it in my recipe book.

  7. Josie // November 18, 2013 at 9:40 AM  

    I will definitely try this recipe. It looks easy and very festive for the holidays.

  8. debjulienne // December 10, 2013 at 10:55 AM  

    I've tried other recipes...nothing gets the consistency right but this one...and Scarlet, I'm with you...favorite non-salad.