Yep, I'm going through "the Change," oh no, not that change, that one thankfully is well behind me. This is the change from unpublished to published author. Let me say, IT AIN'T EASY.

One of the hardest things I've found about being a published author is the expectation of when will you finish your next book. I've written for years, but always to suit myself. If I wanted to write, I did. If I wanted to read, I did. Boy, those were the good ole days.

I didn't realize how much more demanding my life would become once I'd published my first book. Things are different now. I have had an editor ask me to write a book for her. My current editor is waiting on book two and edits for the novella they accepted.



Yep, complicated.

Did I mention that I'm still teaching? Full time? Things are changing in education as well. The curriculum is much more rigorous. That means the students have to work harder and they don't like it. The paperwork in special education is unreal. At the beginning of the school year, I was torn about retiring at the end of this year. But with all the changes the school system has made, that decision has become much more appreciated. I no longer see leaving teaching as a regrettable thing. Now, I can't wait for the school year to end. Don't get me wrong, I love the kids and will miss them. I've become attached to many of them and hate to leave them. But the stress of all the changes lets me know I'm doing the right thing.

Besides, I've got a book to promote. I've got two books to write and a novella to revise. Plus I'm due to turn in a Christmas short story to one of my publishers, like yesterday. I've got my work cut out for me and I can hardly wait. I'll start right here and now with the trailer that Sizzler Editions produced for my novel, A Matter of Trust. Check it out!

http://youtu.be/dM5jJO9KZCY

6 comments

  1. Mary Marvella // November 22, 2013 at 8:43 PM  

    Sounds like it is time for some changes! Love the trailer!

  2. Scarlet Pumpernickel // November 22, 2013 at 9:40 PM  

    MM, I was so surprised when I got the email last Saturday! I think it is pretty good. It gets the idea of the paranormal across pretty well. Hoping it will be a useful tool for promotion.

  3. Mary Ricksen // November 23, 2013 at 1:02 PM  

    I like the trailer too! Good luck and sell a ton!!!

  4. Scarlet Pumpernickel // November 23, 2013 at 10:13 PM  

    Thanks Mary R. I'm so glad you like it.I was very surprised when I received the link from my publisher. And a great surprise it was!

  5. Pamela Varnado // November 24, 2013 at 1:16 PM  

    Scarlet, continue to write for yourself. It takes away the stress. I'm sure you'll make a ton of mint. A matter of Trust is a great story.

  6. Josie // November 24, 2013 at 2:47 PM  

    Scarlet,
    Good luck with all the deadlines. As Pamela said, try to write for yourself. You can't please everybody.