Let's face it, Thanksgiving is about being thankful for life’s blessing, family getting together and eating. I’ve been sharing recipes the past couple of weeks and this is one of my standards. Corn bread stuffing. What’s Turkey without stuffing. Feeding my crew is no easy feat, so quick and easy recipes is the name of the game for me.

2 boxes corn bread stuffing.
1 can low sodium chicken broth (approx.)
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 turkey neck (I know it sounds disgusting but dark meat is best for stuffing)
1 lg. onion, (finely diced)
1 can sliced water chestnuts, (finely diced)
2 sticks of celery, (finely diced)
2 eggs, beaten
2 tablespoons butter, softened
1 tablespoons parsley flakes
2 teaspoon rubbed sage
1 teaspoon marjoram
1 teaspoon thyme
1/2 teaspoon celery seed
salt and pepper to taste (at least a 1/2 tsp. of each, probably more)
poultry seasoning (optional)

Prep stage (I do this the day before and let it rest in the fridge overnight)
1) Use the neck from your turkey, add a can of chicken broth and simmer for about a half hour.
2) Remove neck, reserve broth.
3) When neck cools, remove meat and finely chop.
4) Chop onion, celery, and water chestnuts.

Assemble: Spray your 9 x 11 pan with Pam and set aside. In a large bowl, mix corn bread packages. Add diced meat and all dry seasonings. Add celery, onion, and water chestnuts. Add eggs, and remaining broth, and cream of chicken soup. Stir well. Pour into prepped pan, cover and chill in fridge over night.

An hour before dinner pop into the over at 350 degrees F. Bake for 45 minutes. Will have a nice crust on top.

I look forward to this recipe every year.

Enjoy,
deb

4 comments

  1. Unknown // November 21, 2013 at 9:22 PM  

    Deb, that does look easy. I found a Rachel Ray recipe years ago for a pumpkin spice muffin stuffing. So easy, with sauteed apples, onions and zucchini. My family loves it when I serve it with an adobo gravy. But I miss a good cornbread stuffing.

  2. Mary Marvella // November 22, 2013 at 12:55 AM  

    Sounds like something I could do!

  3. Josie // November 24, 2013 at 2:48 PM  

    Thanks so much for the recipe. I cook my stuffing in a crockpot. Always delicious (must be the pound of butter!) and very moist.

  4. debjulienne // December 10, 2013 at 10:51 AM  

    Super easy and I love making it the day before so the juices have a chance to fill the crumbs...