I'm about to admit something awful, so please don't call the Thanksgiving police on me.

I’m not really a sweet potato person or I wasn’t until several years ago. I’d made them all my life at Thanksgiving but simply wasn’t a fan...until I started making my jams and decided to add my “Pumpkin Apricot Grand Marnier Jam” to the mix. The jam had won its category that year and the combination sounded fun. The results were fabulous. The entire family said they were the best sweet potatoes they’d ever tasted.

RECIPE INGREDIENTS
2 large cans sweet potatoes, drained (liquid from 1 an held in reserve)
1 large can pumpkin
1 cup Apricot Jam
1/3-1/2 cup Grand Marnier
1/4 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, melted
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon cloves
3 cups Jet-Puffed Miniature Marshmallows

DIRECTIONS

NOTES:
1) I mix this the night before and let it set over night.
2) I like mine the consistency of thick mashed potatoes.
3) If you like yours with more texture, consider adding a small can crushed pineapple to the mix.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Beat sweet potatoes, pumpkin, jam, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves with mixer until blended, add Grand Marnier, heavy cream and butter, whip until smooth. (If it's too thick for you, add reserved liquid 1/4 cup at a time until desired consistency)

Spoon into lightly greased 9 x 11 pan. Bake for 35 minutes. Just before serving, top with marshmallows and place under broiler for a minute or two until puffed and nicely browning.

If you're adventureous, try using a graham cracker crust or gingerbread cookie crust, or top with a nutty streusel instead of marshmallows.

Let me know if you have questions, and hope you give them a try.

Happy cooking, Deb

7 comments

  1. Beth Trissel // November 19, 2013 at 2:14 PM  

    Looks incredibly yummy! Thanks so much.

  2. Barbara Monajem // November 19, 2013 at 6:17 PM  

    I'm not a sweet potato person either--or at least not when sweetness is added. I like sweet potato fries a lot. However, I might be converted by the addition of apricot jam!!

  3. Unknown // November 19, 2013 at 6:17 PM  

    Deb, that recipe sound fabulous. Anything with Gran Marnier in it has to be special I love that orangy flavor with sweet potatoes. Thanks for sharing.

  4. Mary Ricksen // November 19, 2013 at 9:11 PM  

    Oh my God, yummy!

  5. Autumn Jordon // November 19, 2013 at 10:12 PM  

    Sounds Yummy. Thanks for sharing.

  6. Mary Marvella // November 20, 2013 at 12:49 AM  

    Makes me wish I could taste it! Maybe Scarlet will make it and share with me!

  7. Josie // November 24, 2013 at 2:53 PM  

    This recipe brings a whole new world of excitement to sweet potatoes. I'm definitely giving it a try.