I’m still on the road to discovery
By Deb Julienne

 Ever heard of the “overnight” success?

Yeah, that’s not me…not unless you take into consideration that it took me eighteen + years to finally get a book contract.

Work, life, family, health issues, you name it; it got in my way, until now.

Today I received the cover for my debut book “Sex, Lies, and Beauty Aids” and I couldn’t be happier--well okay, I lied, I will be happier when it’s finally released.

I’ve already gone through the pre-edits…only to discover I’m a “was” whore…can you say passive? See, I’m learning...and we won’t even go into the other over used words, now changed.

When I think back to when I started writing and the journey it’s taken me on…and yes, I got lost, several times, but the road to discovery…I honestly don’t think I’d change a thing.

In a perfect world we’d know what we need to know to get there. In my world getting lost takes you on some seriously hysterical detours. Needless to say, I am thrilled to be where I am now.

I’ve met some of the most wonderful people on this path, friends I never want to be without. We’ve had fun moments, sad moments, crazy moments and lots of laughs and for those lovely people, I am truly blessed.

I want to say "Thank You" to everyone who helped me along the way.

More to time as I go through the editing process.

You can find me on:

Twitter: @debjulienne

Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/debjulienne/

 Blurb for Book I: Sex, Lies, and Beauty Aids
 
Sabrina Thompson is the editor in charge of finding and sharing Natural Beauty Secrets for articles in Skin Deep Magazine. Her perfect little world crumbles when her new boss informs her she will have to take on another column or lose her job. Imagine her surprise when she discovers her new job is offering advice for the Love and Sex column. What does a twenty-four year old virgin know about Love or Sex, when she's never been on a third date?
 
Trent Wellington is playing one final game of “Sexcapades” with his twin brother. Only this time the con is on the family. While Travis is drying out, Trent assumes his brother’s identity in order to save the magazine. Trent knows about Sabrina’s lack of experience and plans to be her practice toy until Sabrina discovers she’s been conned.
 
What happens on the road to "Educating Sabrina" is a wild and bumpy ride. Getting even has never been so much fun.

12 comments

  1. Beth Trissel // May 30, 2013 at 7:00 PM  

    Very happy for you Deb! Congrats. I read the first chapters of this romance back when you were first working on it and loved the story.

  2. Mary Ricksen // May 30, 2013 at 7:04 PM  

    Congratulations!! And many more!
    Sounds terrific...

  3. debjulienne // May 30, 2013 at 10:18 PM  

    Thanks Beth, it was a lot of fun to write...who knew payback could be so much fun?

  4. debjulienne // May 30, 2013 at 10:18 PM  

    Thanks Mary, from your mouth to God's ear.

  5. Paisley Kirkpatrick // May 30, 2013 at 10:30 PM  

    Lil Sis I am SO PROUD of you for sticking with what you believed in and going for the dream. We have that in common. Your cover is bright and so eye-catching. Keep up the hard work and never ever stop believing in you. I won't!!

  6. J. Morgan // May 30, 2013 at 10:37 PM  

    I think we're the ones who are blessed. Blessed that you never gave up, because I can't wait to see what you have lurking in that mind of yours. If your first book is any indication, I think we've got some amazing reads ahead of us.

    You go, Deb!

  7. debjulienne // May 30, 2013 at 11:11 PM  

    Thanks Sis, you were my inspiration to keep at it.

  8. debjulienne // May 30, 2013 at 11:12 PM  

    Thanks Jay, my evil mind has plenty of stories...to keep you amused.

  9. Melba // May 30, 2013 at 11:44 PM  

    Deb,
    Welcome to the fuzzies! We're please to welcome you and celebrate your success. I know how it is to struggle for a long, long, long time before making that first sale. But like you, life got in the way so that it took me years and years to make that first sale. Congrats on your release and many more to come!

  10. Unknown // May 31, 2013 at 12:39 AM  

    My mom would be so proud Deb! I wish she could see it and read it! Love you! Congrats!

  11. Mona Risk // May 31, 2013 at 9:08 PM  

    Great post and gorgeous cover. Way to go Deb. I can't wait to read the story.

  12. Mary Marvella // June 1, 2013 at 2:16 PM  

    Welcome back, girlfriend!

    I am another overnight success. I Indie published after more than 20 years of rejections, then became an editor for a small e-press and then got a contract from another e-press!

    I am waiting for final edits and my cover!