Monday was one of those rainy, dreary days but right before sunset the clouds pushed out and the sun poured through the valley. Its brilliance revealed a glorious rainbow. It was huge, arching the Lizard Creek Valley, spanning from mountain top to mountain top and vibrant with color.

Sitting in my living room, I watched it appear and wondered at the sight. I deliberated stopping what I was doing (watching a sitcom)

and running for my camera to snap a picture, but I foolishly decided to wait a minute more until a commercial aired. Before a minute passed the colors, which were more brilliant than I’ve ever witnessed in a rainbow before, faded away. The clouds moved back in, fog rose in the valley and soon the valley below and the mountains disappeared. I'd missed the moment and doing so sadden me.

It seems each year slips by faster than the last. Maybe because we’re busier. The world indeed is growing smaller and our circle of friends grows larger. Relationships take time to nurture. We have to give of ourselves in order to receive. That isn’t a bad thing. A truly rich man or woman has many friends.

However busy we are, it is important to remember to take time for ourselves and enjoy
the world the around us. If we don’t seize the moments, opportunitites, and events when they present themselves, they're forever gone.

7 comments

  1. Nightingale // October 19, 2012 at 9:16 AM  

    How true! The years do speed by. I'm grateful for my friends--here with me and those I have come to know by virtue of the internet.

  2. Judith Keim // October 19, 2012 at 9:48 AM  

    What a nice reminder, Autumn! The screen on my computer shows a series of rainbows and I enjoy looking at them and taking a deep breath!

  3. Autumn Jordon // October 19, 2012 at 10:21 AM  

    Thanks, Ladies. Grab a few moements and enjoy your weekend.

  4. Pamela Varnado // October 19, 2012 at 5:39 PM  

    Autumn, this is my favorite time of year. Not to hot. Not to cold. Just right. Thanks for sharing the beautiful pictures.

  5. Mary Marvella // October 19, 2012 at 10:28 PM  

    You are so right, Autumn. We need can miss an opportunity by waiting too long. If we wait too lng before enjoying what we have, well......

  6. Josie // October 22, 2012 at 9:40 AM  

    Autumn,
    You are so right. I love this time of year.

  7. Mary Ricksen // October 23, 2012 at 12:50 PM  

    I feel left behind sometimes in Winter. My favorite is spring followed by fall. Change is in the air then and I feel invigorated!