Moonlight & Magnolias

Posted by Scarlet Pumpernickel | 11:00 PM | 6 comments »

I arrived early today got registered, made a run to Target for water and Colas, then hurried up to the Cocktail party. The room was almost empty when I arrived, I told you I arrived early. The room quickly filled and wonderful drinks were passed around. Mine was apple flavored and divine! I only had one, I promise.

Next I went back up to my room to look through my bag of goodies and glance through the conference booklet. M&M has some great workshops planned.

There were six or seven books in my bag. One by my favorite inspirational author, Debby Giusti caught my attention and I had to read a few pages of "The Colonel's Daughter." Now it is waiting for me beside the bed!

Sitting in the lobby surround by writer friends! How wonderful. The conversation was wonderful. MM missed a great evening.

My partner in crime isn't staying at the hotel tonight, so I have the room to myself. I intend to go up in a few minutes and get some writing done!

Ah! Fall in Georgia, you can feel the nip of crispness in the air and of course, as Hildie said, "It's Conference time."

6 comments

  1. Mary Marvella // October 5, 2012 at 12:44 AM  

    I'll be there Friday night. I had to work this evening and EARLY tomorrow tutoring. Must make every $ I can. I was also printing a flier to announce that Margo's Choice will be FREE on Amazon Monday and Tuesday! I'll send a reminder with a link, of course.

  2. Scarlet Pumpernickel // October 5, 2012 at 1:23 AM  

    See you tomorrow MM! Had a blast tonight waiting for DD to come by the hotel.

  3. Patrice Wilton // October 5, 2012 at 8:11 AM  

    Oh what fun! I went last year and loved it - one of the best conferences I've ever been to.
    Enjoy - I'm jealous!

  4. Judith Keim // October 5, 2012 at 9:58 AM  

    Moonlight and Magnolias is a wonderful conference. I loved living in Atlanta for the time we did, partly because of the great writing group there!! Enjoy every minute!!

  5. Mona Risk // October 5, 2012 at 9:22 PM  

    Have a great time with MM.

  6. Mary Ricksen // October 6, 2012 at 1:25 PM  

    I sure wish I coulda gone! Hope you all had a blast!