In keeping with the posts about Halloween and Autumn, I'm sharing a few things about The Stone Mountain Tour of Southern Ghosts. Stone Mountain National Park in Stone Mountain, Georgia hosts a story-telling tour for Halloween. http://artstation.org/tosg/southernghosts.htm

Storytellers come to share their stories and guides make sure visitors don't miss a story or get lost. I serve as a guide. This is not my best look, but it's my costume.  Notice the fall color beginning to paint the trees.

The 3 ladies are part of the tour. The 2 ladies in yellow tell stories. The other is a guide. The young man tells stories and is as cute in person as he looks, his accent is delightfully southern, too. 


The barn area is dark, so I had to lighten the guitar playing storyteller, also very Southern. Tonight threatens to make me need a cape. More photos will follow here and on other blogs. Fall means I get to play with the ghosts of Stone Mountain.  How cool is that?

14 comments

  1. Beth Trissel // October 27, 2012 at 9:29 AM  

    Awesome Mary! I'd love to be there for this. Just my kind of do. Love the pics.

  2. Pamela Varnado // October 27, 2012 at 1:10 PM  

    Mary, you always have such a great time at the event. Now that my life has settled, maybe I can go one night with you.

  3. Mary Marvella // October 27, 2012 at 1:18 PM  

    Beth, you would love it!

  4. Mary Marvella // October 27, 2012 at 1:18 PM  

    Pam, I will be there tonight and tomorrow night.

  5. Mary Ricksen // October 27, 2012 at 4:34 PM  

    Wow! I'd love to see this one too!

  6. Anonymous // October 27, 2012 at 11:38 PM  

    Well, I've missed it again this year! Maybe next year. This definitely on my list of things to do. Maybe I'll arrange to bring Megan next year. Blogger is still hating on me---Scarlet

  7. Mary Marvella // October 27, 2012 at 11:53 PM  

    Scarlet. I would love to have you come to the tour and bring Megan!

    Sorry blogger doesn't like you right now.

  8. Mary Marvella // October 27, 2012 at 11:53 PM  

    Mary R, you would love the stories and the whole Old South thing.

  9. Barbara Monajem // October 28, 2012 at 11:42 AM  

    One of these years I will have to go, too. I love spooky stuff, and Stone Mountain Park is lovely at night. :)

  10. Mary Marvella // October 28, 2012 at 2:54 PM  

    It really is lovely! And cold this afternoon!

  11. Judith Keim // October 28, 2012 at 7:13 PM  

    That sounds like so much fun, Mary! I'd love to do that!

  12. Mary Marvella // October 29, 2012 at 12:51 AM  

    Hey, Judy, maybe someone up your way has a ghost tour. Or visit us during October and come to the tour!

  13. Josie // October 30, 2012 at 8:29 AM  

    Sounds really like a good time. I've never visited Stone Mountain, but we've talked about going for years.

  14. Mary Marvella // October 30, 2012 at 11:38 PM  

    Josie/Joanne, you must come visit!