Posted by Patrice Wilton | 9:45 AM | 9 comments »

Good morning everyone,
As you know, I like to inform my friends and fellow writers about new writing opportunities, and today is no different. I have recently heard about a new program that Amazon Kindle is promoting. It's called Kindle Serials. http://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=5044445011
This is an exciting new venture for them, and what happens is that your book is purchased by the reader for $1.99 and they get the first installment immediately, followed by the next installment either, a week, two weeks, or a month later. Not a hundred percent sure, but then I believe the book will be included in their regular program, at a higher price, which means double promo and double opportunities.
Sound interesting? I believe they are looking for submissions, so go to their guidelines and check it on out!
Now, I believe that Stephen King did this once, and some other well known author too, but I'm not sure why people would not just want the entire book to read at their own time and enjoyment. But, I believe the reader thinks they are getting it as soon as the writer's ink is dry, so that may hold some appeal, and seem more intimate that way. I, for one, would like my book already written because I'd be afraid that I'd freeze up knowing I had to have the next installment done the following week. But I'm a pantser, so that would be a scary thing.
What do you all think?
Ready to give it a try?


9 comments

  1. Beth Trissel // October 25, 2012 at 11:14 AM  

    Well hmmmmm...does sound interesting. I will take a look at it.

  2. Mary Marvella // October 25, 2012 at 11:55 AM  

    Thanks,Patrice, I'll check it out. I'm with you. I would want my book completed, just in case!

  3. Josie // October 25, 2012 at 12:54 PM  

    Thanks, Patrice, on keeping us updated on all these new ideas and promotion opportunities. I'll check it out.

  4. Barbara Monajem // October 25, 2012 at 1:39 PM  

    It's a fun idea, but nope. Not for me. My stories change too much during the writing process.

    I did a Round Robin story with some Harlequin Historical authors this year, where each of us wrote a different chapter. But it was a fun project and didn't have to be serious at all, so I didn't mind not knowing what was going to happen next.

  5. Anonymous // October 25, 2012 at 6:33 PM  

    Sounds interesting, thanks for sharing. I'm sure everyone will skip over and check this out.

  6. Mary Ricksen // October 25, 2012 at 7:22 PM  

    Sounds great!

  7. Pamela Varnado // October 26, 2012 at 10:25 AM  

    Thanks, Patrice. This is a wonderful tip. But I'm just afraid I'll not be able to deliver, then what happens?

  8. Patrice Wilton // October 26, 2012 at 2:30 PM  

    I would want to have most of my manuscript done before I'd submit. I think it would be all right if you weren't finished, as long as you had a clear picture of where you were going. It's a cool opportunity and could prove to be interesting.

  9. Judith Keim // October 28, 2012 at 7:14 PM  

    Interesting...thanks!